TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

A seized 1996 Ford Thunderbird in good condition is a prize Roswell police hope will reduce gun violence in the city.

Police are giving residents until Jan. 2 to turn in a working, unloaded gun to police headquarters to get a raffle ticket for the car, which was seized during a drug bust.

The drawing is Jan. 4.

Aside from reducing violence, police are also hoping to reduce the danger from New Year’s Eve celebrations, where many fire their guns into the air. Those shots can come back with enough force to injure or kill people.

A similar raffle six years ago didn’t have much success, but police are hoping for a better turnout this year.

http://www.kobtv.com/index.cfmviewer=storyviewer&id=22958&cat=NMTOPSTORIES

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=167922

What a bunch of BS.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
how about a ufo ?

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
I've got at least a revolver and a rifle I never fire anymore and aren't worth much, I'd gladly turn them in for a chance at the car.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Just another stupid way to indirectly confiscate guns from law abiding citizens. I bet not one criminal would turn in a gun.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
lightevergreenfrost said:
Since when does our backseat floor boards rot out?? I hate stupid people.
see my 92 to 94 thread . you'll get the gist nice biiig hole !

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Josh_Keady said:
I've got at least a revolver and a rifle I never fire anymore and aren't worth much, I'd gladly turn them in for a chance at the car.
Keep your guns friend, you never know when you may need one. The second amendment is unique in the fact that it protects all the others.

Al_Florida said:
Just another stupid way to indirectly confiscate guns from law abiding citizens. I bet not one criminal would turn in a gun.

Exactly! I can't believe you agree with me, wow!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Wow, that forum...just...wow. Anyhow, as much as I like my 12 ga. Remington and the fact that I'm able to own such a weapon in this day and age, I'd still trade up for a raffle ticket.

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Yeah, I'd better keep my cheapo .22s. We've got enough firepower in this house to take out a small nation, better keep the .22s. :leftright

·
Registered
965 Posts
The only way I would support something like that was if; instead of turning guns in for a raffle ticket, we turned in illegal immigrants for a raffle ticket.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Eric Z. said:
The only way I would support something like that was if; instead of turning guns in for a raffle ticket, we turned in illegal immigrants for a raffle ticket.

We have tons of those here! Customs showed up at my door looking for my old neighbors, who moved the week before! :rofl: I'm not joking, either.

·
Registered
824 Posts
looks like a V6 anyways? lol..

What a double wammy! When the druggie gang bangers come looking to get their t-bird back, you won't have a weapon to defend yourself with since you gave it away to get the car.
haha

·
Registered
789 Posts
hey, a free car is a free car. Even if '96, drop in new engine/tranny/rearend/brakes and you'll still have your current one to drive around.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts