TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a set of fanblades and when I put them on my car, I realized they are all labeled RH, RR, LH, LR...

So what should I do when it's time to rotate them? Do you guys have any method that you follow for directional wheels so they don't get all mis-matched? (i.e. RH and LH on same side)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Changing sides was the norm when all tires were bias-ply. The pattern was actually kind of a bow-tie that included the spare (if full-sized). This changed when radials started coming out in the 70s.

Radial tires are rotated front-back on the same side. The directional wheels just make it obvious when this is not followed.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Changing sides was the norm when all tires were bias-ply. The pattern was actually kind of a bow-tie that included the spare (if full-sized). This changed when radials started coming out in the 70s.

Radial tires are rotated front-back on the same side. The directional wheels just make it obvious when this is not followed.
yep.....even my 73 thunderbird owner manual tells you to rotate all of them including the spare..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Ohhhhhhhhh ok. Thanks :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts