TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched and I've found the same answer in every thread.

My car when I start it up wants to stall, it idles really rough and once I put it in gear it will stall unless I keep it revved. I can then drive 50 miles and stop at a light and it will start doing the same thing. I've cleaned the MAF, my dad just replaced the IAC, and neither fixed it. In fact, it seems like its worse now. I read in another thread with similar problems to check for a vacuum leak? Is that my next course of action?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
un plug the maf and see if it runs any different. How old are the wires and plugs. There are quite a few things it can be actually. egr, fuel, ignition, vaccum leak, and so ond.....is it throwing any codes if so get the codes checked out.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I just had a similar problem, I also cleaned the maf and replaced the IAC and neither helped, I agree with unplugging the maf and seeing how it reacts. It should run like crap but not stall out. I replaced the maf, returned the IAC and cleaned my old IAC and it runs really well now. If these dont help then its time to look else where, could be plugs,wires, rotor,cap, any number of things really. Good luck with it and let us know what happens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts