TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have changed the wires, plugs. Cleaned MAF sensor, changed fluids. Why is my car still running so poorly? The gauge only moves maybe 1/16th and it does it even worse when the turn signal is on. I have already had to change the MPS switch (PITA) and changed all bulbs. Im really starting to get frustrated with this damn car. First the A/C went out and it seemed like everything else has just followed right behind. Brakes, Tranny, Plugs, wires, what in hades could go wrong next. Its very slow to respond in first gear from a stop and is a couple seconds late on the downshifts when cruisin on the highway. I really love my car, and would just like to get it back up to snuff. I have changed the 1-2 accumulator and my next goal is Exhaust and j-mod. More or less I'm reminded why I was leary of buying another FORD. But with used cars what are you gonna do. At least I can find comfort that the Cardinals are still in first place. Go to hell Peter Gammons! No offense Cubbies but it looks like another year watchin the playoff from home! Sorry I got off topic, but had to lighten the mood.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
so its got no balls in 1st and takes a while to react, is that what your saying?, and the voltage gauge jumps all around, maybe a bad alternator, i dont even kno, is the check engine light on

·
Registered
227 Posts
With used cars I think it's the luck of the draw. Bought mine in 1998 with 50,000 miles on it, now it has around 110,000 and uses less than half a quart of oil in 4,000 miles, never had to open the engine and the a/c runs at max whenever the engine is running. It's HOT here in Miami. Needs new leather on the drivers side and a headliner but it has been an almost trouble free car. I did put in a tranny cooler and Mercon 5 fluid change, got lucky I guess.:D

·
Registered
871 Posts
Did your change/check your IAC? - it may be the cause for your rough idle.

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
if my battery terminals/posts get dirty, my car wont start and if i do get it started the volt gauge also jumps around, but as soon as i clean the terminals/posts, it takes care of that problem.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check engine light was on but that was from a bad plug wires and has been fixed and cleared, it had a code about air/fuel mixing and that led me to clean the MAF. Still same results. Already installed a new battery and cleaned the post and connections. I though bout the alternator but the old battery was shot when I changed it . I was bout ready to change the IAC but shot on some $$, so it will have to wait, but I recently have started looking for an 02 explorer in a junk yard and go from there, but if I go that route im not just gonna swap it out, I plan on turbo and a 5-speed at least that way I myself have changed everything that has givin me problems and saying the hell with ford engineers and make the car run like I want it to. I dont know if i have posted a message about creating my own GFX, but have you guys seen the ones on the market, ughh! A friend of mine and I am trading are trading work and hes made some really trick stuff. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
871 Posts
Do a search on how to clean your IAC instead of buying a new one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts