TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would there be any sound differences between a 4x9x14 muffler and a 6" round, 14" long muffler? I'm looking at either Magnaflow or Dynomax Ultra Flows..and I had a thought that one muffler might sound different, but I couldnt figure out why i thought that. Anyone know if they sound different?

they would be going on a catless true dual system with x pipe.

·
Registered
273 Posts
round mufflers arent going to capture alot of the sound and are usually a striaght through design. Its gunna be more raspy in that case.

usally with oval mufflers arent a direct straight through design.......and can yield better sound and little to no raspiness without cats.

hope that helps a bit

·
Registered
238 Posts
depends on the mufflers, but given the same design internal the one with the largest displacement is going to be quiter. It is usually calculated by L X H X W to come up with the area. If you want it louder put a smaller muffler on, If you want it quiter put a bigger one on, or multiple mufflers.

I was dissappointed with the maganaflows, and frankly think that the exhaust work is over rated on a stock car. Unless you want that mod sound.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts