TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Been Around
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is an article in the November issue of Hemmings Muscle Machines about some 99 Police Interceptors that were modified by Roush. The cars were used at the Bondurant school when they had a deal with Ford to provide cars.
The school had classes for police pursuit training, and the issued cars didn't get it, so they went to Roush.
Roush installed Cobra SVT engines and Tremac 5 speeds in each of the 18 cars. Other changes included Cobra wheels, special front valence and rear spoiler, Cobra gauges and Recaro seats.
Or course, the suspension was upgraded including a 2 inch!! front sway bar.
The cars are not supposed to ever be licensed, but at least a few of them have slipped through.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Any pics?

·
Registered
275 Posts
sic i need to see one

·
Registered
379 Posts
LOL thanks....no excuse :)

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I used to drool over them going by Firebird, and pretty sure I have seen one on the streets around here. I thought there were more than 18. I do know there is a Vic with the Cobra-esque front bumper cover.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I read about that. Now those are the Crown Vics to have. The only problem is getting it titled lol.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I like the drivetrain but I think it looks goofy. If I had one I would remove the front fascia, the spoiler and wheels and put factory parts and Marauder wheels on it. It just looks silly when you take a classy boat like the Crown Vic and try to make it look like a race car.

You guys probably won't agree with me but that is just my $.02.

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
I had the poop scared out of me by one of the instructors in this car, and then my wife and I actually got to drive this beast, what a fun car.

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
it would not be so bad to title. If you have abill of sale you can apply for a lost title in oklahoma :). worse comes to worse buy a second raged out high mileage vic and do a vin and data plate transfer and register the car. Make sure you cut up the old car into small pieces and discard.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I rather have this vic now this is a police interceptor
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6P8c3UZZ8nk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6P8c3UZZ8nk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
That is awesome. Crown Vics are under appreciated.

On Ebay, there was someone selling a LS1 Crown Vic. That thing was wild!

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts