TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has ever done this. i think it would look awesome! i'm talking about the exhaust that exits right in front of the rear tires... with like a rectangular tip. if anyone has pictures of this please post them! i would love to see them!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmmm i saw that a while back... your car is what sparked my interest in side exhaust on a bird... i was thinking of something below the body line... kinda like this.

but with a rectangular tip on it so it would fit up close to the body...

what all was involved in doing your exhaust?

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I knew someone with a roush stage 2. It had the tips shown in the pic above. It also had some ugly mufflers with the inlet and outlet on the same end of the muffler. It also had very limited ground clearance. He lost his body kit and tip on one side.
-Rob

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
hmmmm i saw that a while back... your car is what sparked my interest in side exhaust on a bird...
i was thinking of something below the body line... but with a rectangular tip on it so it would fit up close to the body...

what all was involved in doing your exhaust?
First, the white Thunderbird with the side exhaust does not belong to fl96thunderbird, it belongs to 392Bird.

Second, if you would read the thread the that fl96thunderbird posted the link to, you would find the answer to your question.​

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's more of what i was looking for! thanks sign. how does she sounds? i'm also curious what was involved in getting the exhaust through the body.

·
Banned
198 Posts
I Have Side Pipes But Pa Inspection

TOLD ME THAT ALL STREET CARS MUST HAVE EXHAUST BEHIND REARS WHEELS FORM STREET USE ????? SO CHECK LOCAL LAWS FIRST !!!:confused:

·
Banned
198 Posts
I Have Side Pipes But Pa Inspection

TOLD ME THAT ALL STREET CARS MUST HAVE EXHAUST BEHIND REAR WHEELS FOR STREET USE ????? SO CHECK LOCAL LAWS FIRST !!!:confused:

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
My set up has a bit of drone around town, but gets quieter at highway speeds. I can take a video by this weekend if you want.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
TOLD ME THAT ALL STREET CARS MUST HAVE EXHAUST BEHIND REAR WHEELS FOR STREET USE ????? SO CHECK LOCAL LAWS FIRST !!!:confused:
I LIEK CAPS!!!! IT IS FUN TO SHOUT ON THE INTERNETS!!!!!

/cruise control

I second his statement to check local laws if you have inspection and/or smog to deal with. If you live in a wholly unregulated state like Iowa, go wild!

Also, side exit exhaust worries me for noise (droning on the hwy) and even with header wrap, might end up heating the interior more than the old set up... could also damage the paint (read: vipers cooking their paint)

·
Registered
933 Posts
If you don't do something like this

then I'd say don't bother, anything else would look tacky, and you ground clearance you disappear. The only thing that might be possible is if you made a long flat outlet. Like this:

If you could make it so the support slit things in the middle were set back into the tip so they aren't so noticeable.

·
Registered
933 Posts
No, it's on a mustang I believe. If you had a body kit of at least side skits it might help the look of things because you could cut the side skit so the exhaust would fit into it. Without side skits you could shape it to be narrow in the front and more open in the back so the lines flow a bit better, but I don't know if it'd look weird or not.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea it might look alright... iunno. just was wanting to see if anybody had done it and and if so if they had some pics of it.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
You do lose a bit of clearance, especially if you have a larger diameter exhaust. I would say you can't drive it with more than 2.5" diameter exhaust. If you stuck the pipes strait out from the car, it would look terrible. I have rolled slash tips on mine and the longest part of the tip is dead even with the bottom of the side skirt. You can only see it looking directly at the side of the car or under the car.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts