TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think its getting time to get a new Router, currently running a Netgear WGR614v7 and its age is showing. Looking for good controls to limit access on the network (mainly for only wifi), range is not an issue but IF could get 100yd radius would be great but the range of my current is just fine.

·
̇
3,701 Posts
Mine was starting to show it's age awhile back as well..Internet kept dropping out on me..
I replaced it with a D-Link DIR-842
I have no complaints, this router has worked flawlessly..

D-Link DIR-842 Router

Rayo..

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I've been using ASUS routers for work. I usually re-flash them with DDWRT. I haven't gotten into any AC routers as the cost is still high on them, and we don't have fast enough internet to really take advantage of them in our area, but the AC-N66U is solid, reliable, and works very well.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been using ASUS routers for work. I usually re-flash them with DDWRT. I haven't gotten into any AC routers as the cost is still high on them, and we don't have fast enough internet to really take advantage of them in our area, but the AC-N66U is solid, reliable, and works very well.
I have the same issue with speed, since I have a WISP (seem to max out at 300k down and seem to average 100k-200k)

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I have the same issue with speed, since I have a WISP (seem to max out at 300k down and seem to average 100k-200k)
We have the world's worst DSL, max is 7mb on a good day. Cable starts at 60, which is good, but maxes out at 100. We have a very good wisp (that I was there to help start before they went on their own), that can do bidirectional 100 easily, but he does a poor job of quality control. Tests things on the live network too often, so quality is overall bad.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We have the world's worst DSL, max is 7mb on a good day. Cable starts at 60, which is good, but maxes out at 100. We have a very good wisp (that I was there to help start before they went on their own), that can do bidirectional 100 easily, but he does a poor job of quality control. Tests things on the live network too often, so quality is overall bad.
Thankfully mine changed hands and quality went through the roof. Live streaming still not viable but is a lot better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts