TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my tranny shifts into third it drops to 1k RPM (and sounds like it's barely chugging along), and I have to practically go WOT to get it where it jumps back up to normal range. Anyone know what a cause of this could be (all fluids are clean and up to level, and the TC was replaced (with stock) about 2 months ago.).

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
No, its a variable resistor. Have you ever had a volume control that got noisy or only worked in certain places?
I am not saying that this is the problem at all, but its a possibility. What is the TPS voltage at idle?
Darrin

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
voltage at idle should be really close to or at 1v. I set mine to .98v. The TPS being off will give the computer false information on the throttle position and the computer controls the TCC based partly on that.
Again, this may have nothing at all to do with your problem, I am just throwing out one idea.
If you had a data logger then I could tell you a lot more.
Darrin

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well looks like the tps is in good shape. im starting to think its the lock up solenoid now. i had to replace it when i replaced the torque converter, but it didn't get rid of the CEL it threw. so im guessing its bad wiring on the solenoid.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
You need to find someone with an xcal2 and datalog that thing to see when the TCC is being commanded. It sounds like its doing what its told to be doing but is being told wrong.
Darrin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts