TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I got my LS project going again. Just took and new Fuel Pump and lots of scrubbing.

The TV cable was stock in the engaged postion from sitting, so it wasn't shifting worth a crap. A little lube and she shifts smooth again. One thing I did notice is that is seem to have a high RPMs in OD. It seems to run at 3000 @ 70 mph. It has a Stock AOD for a 90 LS, and had sit for over 4 years.

Any Ideas? It seems to shift smooth. When the tranny in my LX went, it shifted like crap.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Are you sure it's going to overdrive? Mine is at around that rpm at 70 in third gear. I assume it has stock gears.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok,

I had some time to git it out on the open road. It does shift, but extremly late. I'm talknig around 4500 RPM. Once it shifts it seems to do just fine. Sits around 2000 at 70 mph

Shawn

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Sounds like the TV cable needs to be adjusted.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, being the novice that i am, how do you adjust the TV cable to where it needs to be? I know i don't want to drive it more than i have to with that messed up.

Shawn

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I'm not an expert on SC's but I know there's a tech article about that on here... that would probably be more helpful. :)

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Same difference. Read the tech article or visit a real tranny shop, unless you got a practiced TCCoA buddy near by.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts