TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I recently had a 98 Mark VIII engine installed in my 94 Bird 4.6, it has the stock 94 computer and harness, what I need is a RPM switch, I need to know which one works for my application and how it's hooked up. Thanks, Steve

·
The Parts Guy
7,357 Posts
MSD P/N 8950. Does the '98 run the cable actuated IMRC's or the vacuum operated ones? I can't remember off the top of my head.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Cable

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, just 1 question, how does it plug in to intake? is there a sensor on the manifold that it plugs into?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
went to Jegs found the rpm switch p/n 8950 but it said an RPM Module is required, is this true with my application?

·
The Parts Guy
7,357 Posts
Thanks guys, just 1 question, how does it plug in to intake? is there a sensor on the manifold that it plugs into?
It will need to be wired in to operate the IMRC controller. With the vacuum operated IMRC's it was as simple as applying/removing -12V (ground) to the vacuum solenoid. I haven't looked into controlling the cable operated ones.

went to Jegs found the rpm switch p/n 8950 but it said an RPM Module is required, is this true with my application?
Yes, you'll need the "pill" for the rpm point at which you want the switch to activate. Typically on a stock 4V, anything in the 3200-3400rpm range is a good choice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts