TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well finally have bird on road after 2 year hiatus.So trying to refamiliarize myself with it again.But here's the question running at 45 mph,in overdrive whats your rpm's at?Mine was at 1,300 sound about right?I know stupid qustion,did a search but really didn't come up with anything last night.Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
Ricerbird said:
at 45 mine is about um 4000 (but thats first gear :D ) mine is also a v6.

:tongue:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
:zwthstpd:

Ya its called "D" works wonders when you accel

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
oh it is in "D" it stays there till around 50-55 when the pedal is on the floor. thats not me !!! whats that like in a 4.6 ????

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
:bangwall:

On topic, that sounds right for a 4.6

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
i think it does that because the tranny is seriously worn and needs a rebuild but still. does anyone elses car shift out of third at 95 ???

·
Registered
601 Posts
Ricerbird said:
i think it does that because the tranny is seriously worn and needs a rebuild but still. does anyone elses car shift out of third at 95 ???
I'm trying very hard to restrain from using some words, But please take your questions to your own post, you're not helping this thread in anyway.

Now then,
That sounds about right, Although my tranny is a bit out of wack right now, When is was in decent shape that's where my 1995 V8 was around.. Your in the good :)

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all,been driving a full size 4x4 chevy 5 speed and and a 88 celica 5 speed for a while.So wasn't sure if it was good or reving too much.Thanks again.Feels good to be back in the bird.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts