TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my shock on passenger right is hanging off, on bottom portion. its still mounted to top. i just spotted this yesterday when raising that side to bleed. so had to use a jack to hold it up. so i have the reciepts previous owners gave me. autozone 69845 i want to just replace that one for now. problem no bolt or any hardware for bottom. so what i do cause autozone dont sell it.??

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Buy an automorons shock grab the hardware out of it. Then return it. It should come with new hardware

·
Banned
123 Posts
Ah, junk yard to find a good set of hardware? Kind of a hassle I know but, a possible solution.

Perhaps a new pair of rear shocks for your car would be an improvement.

Individual bolts, and a lock nut(s) can be purchased at a parts store. Go with a Grade 5 bolt.

In any case, at the risk of sounding sactemonious, I do not advocate theft.

Respectfully,

Lee.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'd just go to your local autopart's joint and get a set of sensatracs, should be about $30ish each. Then go to the hardware store and pick up some bolts and lock nut's as Lee said.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
you may have to go to the junkyard to get the lower shock bolt.

that, or take the other bolt out of the other shock, and try and match that. those bolts don't come in the shock box.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
after you type in the info at rockauto.com these blue monroe shocks come up. are these just as good as the ones from autozone; if so these will be 2 for the price of that one at autozone. and then i can replace both rears, you guys think i can get the bolt from ford dismantler?

·
Registered
62 Posts
after you type in the info at rockauto.com these blue monroe shocks come up. are these just as good as the ones from autozone; if so these will be 2 for the price of that one at autozone. and then i can replace both rears, you guys think i can get the bolt from ford dismantler?
Hey go to pick n pull on sunrise, I find alot of good t-bird parts at this place....

·
Registered
209 Posts
Imo any shock below the sensatrac is junk. I went through the blue and yellow ones pretty quickly.

If you want to save money just buy the lower shock bolt from a member or hit up the hardware store and hook it back up. If you still think you need shock's after that then buy some. I'd imagine having only 1 rear shock hooked up gave you a very interesting ride.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Gabriel Ultra/Shock/Strut - Rear

from autozone, these are what previous owner put in. i was just saying monroe that way i can replace both rears . so how soft were talking would they be softer than these and would they wear out before these did. says theyve been on there since 09

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sorry i got abit confused. Read my edit.

The Gabriel ultra's from a price standpoint are similiar to the sensatracs and are prob of the same quality. I however have never used gabriel shocks.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well this is my first car so yea im new to all this car stuff. i just know what i was taught what isnt very much lol. were can you find the shocks your talking about. oh yea about the intresting ride part i cant even notice it feels normal... SUPRISINGLY RITE.. lol

·
Registered
209 Posts
Monroe sensatrac's are sold at advanced auto and some other chain stores. You have to look. Model # 5965.

If I was in your position of being young and i'll assume "broke" (lol) I'd just replace the bolt. Do the bounce test to see if they're worn and go from there. I wouldn't buy anything till that bolt's replaced.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Monroe sensatrac's are sold at advanced auto and some other chain stores. You have to look. Model # 5965.

If I was in your position of being young and i'll assume "broke" (lol) I'd just replace the bolt. Do the bounce test to see if they're worn and go from there. I wouldn't buy anything till that bolt's replaced.
broke aahhhh lol kinda well i know that shock is shot it goes up when i push on it with my hand barely any pressure it goes rite up.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
IDK what grade that bolt is .. at that rate you could go to the hardware store and pick out a new bolt, I have seen this done several times without any issues.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
IDK what grade that bolt is .. at that rate you could go to the hardware store and pick out a new bolt, I have seen this done several times without any issues.
ahaha i just messaged you saying im awaiting a response from someone lol. what grade does it have to be. leegrady says 5

·
Registered
570 Posts
ahaha i just messaged you saying im awaiting a response from someone lol. what grade does it have to be. leegrady says 5
Here's a thought....

Take the bolt off of the other side and look at it.

It's a M14-2.0 x 120mm bolt, grade 9.8.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Yea, what DLF said. I found almost all suspension and brake parts are grade 10. I've broken grade 5 bolts when I used them to attach a brake caliper when I was young and dumb. Not fun...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts