TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
It's all over the news here since OKC is on the top of the cut list...plant is 5 miles from my house and I got friends that work there.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
i dont get it. cars r so over priced i mean they have to b makin a hell of a profit. they dropped olds and came out with all these new cars and stuff.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Not a big shock to me, GM anit made sales goal in over 4years and hasn't made a profit in over 2.

Reason IMO, is they have focused too heavily on SUV's, Trucks and large engines (considering they use an extra liter or more to compete with Ford); also name a GM vehicle with a GOOD interior.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Toombs said:
UAW=The DEVIL!! :zdevil:

The downfall of America. There was a time and situation where labor unions served a purpose...that time has long passed.

Mike
Exactly what he said. Unions started as a way for workers to earn a decent living, and have a safe work environment. Then they got greedy.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Reason IMO, is they have focused too heavily on SUV's, Trucks and large engines (considering they use an extra liter or more to compete with Ford); also name a GM vehicle with a GOOD interior.
Do you know what the number one selling vehicle is in the US.

The F150

Do you know the number 2 selling vehicle in the US.

Silverado

Focusing on that line isn't a bad thing for them.

It is the Unions, bad business.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Yeah, unions prolly caused it, but the specific thing that is killing them is health care coverage.

ibtl

:znanner:

·
Registered
789 Posts
It's almost cliche now, "GM spends more on healthcare per vehicle than they do on steel"

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
thunderbirdlver said:
i dont get it. cars r so over priced i mean they have to b makin a hell of a profit. they dropped olds and came out with all these new cars and stuff.
Uh, one word inflation. Adjust the prices for inflation and prices haven't changed much over the years.

However, the price of materials, and energy has.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
bowez said:
Not a big shock to me, GM anit made sales goal in over 4years and hasn't made a profit in over 2.

1. Sales goals to me are always unrealistic. How the F is a company supposed to increase sales yearly an X amount? Won't they eventually reach a sealing?

2. They focused on SUV's and Trucks because they are what sells.

3. It doesn't matter that they use one more liter if they get simmilar fuel mileage.

4. GM vehicles with good interior: New Impala, Cobalt SS, heck pretty much every new redesigned model.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts