TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Anything But Typical
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at Autozone today with the local car scene , and some cops come thru on a patrol (not unsual). My buddy goes to leave and he gets pulled over. They say his exhaust is too loud. He works with sound, so he knows a bit about this, so he is like, "What was my SPL?" The cop looks at him with a stupid look and ask him if he was in the service. He told the cop he was in the Navy and the cop was like, "Too bad." The guy grabbed his 50 state legal certificate that came with his exhaust. The cop proceded to write him a warning. While this is going on his buddy pulls up in his cruiser and proceeds to ream us out for somebody having a stereo on to loud (no stereos were on) and tells us how we are all trouble makers and no one likes us. One fellow walked a little too close to him trying to explain what happened with the stereo and the cop damn near pulled his club on him. We were like "you need to calm down dude." He went off the wall threating to give us all citations. He was like "You all have some type of violation." He then threatened to pull us all over as we left. He made good with three other troopers for the first 10 cars, but then they dissappeared. I was trailed home an hour later. Normally I don't mind cops, but this guys unit was very small or he drove a cavalier, and he was straight up harrassing us. Normally the cops drive thru and make sure there isn't a ruccuss, and sometimes even complement our cars, but lately they have been getting aggressive. 2 weeks ago they started patrolling the streets infront of Autozone like mad, and now they are just being asses. What is up with people? This rant was not intended to put down cops, but to blow off some steam about cops who need to learn that if they ask us something they are more likely to get it than if they threaten us.

--Craig

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Next time have someone a few miles away get on a payphone and dial 911. "Shots fired oh my god" then hang up the payphone and high tail it. Clear em out and you all can go on your way peacefully.

Of course this is illegal so no one has to tell me this...

·
Registered
871 Posts
Cops are a$$holes sometimes, maybe he just had a really crappy day and he was taking it out on you guys. It times like that which me want to be CIA or FBI so I can harass them. ;)

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Before this thread gets out of hand, I'll remind that we DO NOT allow cop bashing in any way, shape or form. While it's true that some officers can be complete jerks, they deal with WAY more crap from idiots than anybody gives them credit for. Even if their lives aren't on the line at every traffic stop, there's usually some idiot giving them grief because they only have 3 brain cells to rub together. Unfortunately, some get jaded by all the bad experiences and start treating people on every call like they're guilty, mindless morons.

Lemme tell you a little story about my last run-in with the police. The Saturday of the weekend prior to the holiday, my wife, my brother-in-law and myself decided to head out to a club so he could meet some people (he just moved up here). On the way to the club I realized one of my headlights had just gone out on the truck ($20 Silverstar no less...GRRR) I made the comment that we'd probably get pulled over......we did.

Now I wasn't too concerned seeing as how my company does all the computer work for the city police, the prosecuting attorneys office, the public defenders office and one of the judges. Add to this that I know most all the cops on the force here along with going to church with the soon-to-be sherriff and one of our local state troopers.

Anyway, the officer was rightfully cautious he had no clue who I was or what I was doing. It was 1:20am on a Sunday morning, and I had a headlight out. He asked where I'd been, I told him. He asked how much I had to drink. I told him I didn't know, "I just drank one after another. I have no clue how many waters I had." This was cocky on my part, and I wished I hadn't said it. But that's the way people get sometimes.

He ran my license, registration and insurance and came back with a warning. He had a MUCH better attitude when he came back from the car. This was either because he saw all was good and I had a clean record or somebody who knew me called back on the radio that I was no worry. Either way, when the question of my presenting a potential threat to him was lifted, he was down to earth and chatted with us for a while.

What I'm getting at is that every officer has to treat every stop or confrontation as if it could turn deadly toward him. Because if they don't, and it does....well, we won't go there.

·
Registered
529 Posts
So instead of going around stopping real crimes in CT they would rather bust people for stupid violations like loud exhaust while they are getting spark plugs and such. Sounds like your tax dollars are hard at work there.

Another thing that pisses me off to no end is cops pulling ppl over in rush hour traffic unless they are brandiushing a fire arm or a nuke or something just let it go you can make your money for the city after rush hour.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Simple thing is not to be confontational. whether they are taught it, or learn it on the street, they know most of the bad apples will be that way.

"Yes Sir", "No Sir" and "Thank You Sir" go a very long way. :D

·
Registered
663 Posts
You don't have to put up with that kind of crap Craig. I would advise you to be as polite as possible but get their names, badge numbers and car numbers and then call the non-emergency number and ask to speak to the Chief of Police. It might take several tries to get him on the phone but be persistent. Calmly explain what happened and how you and those in your group reacted. Don't embellish or BS (not that you would), cops can smell that a mile away. Make the complaints formal and/or put them in writing. If the Chief isn't cooperative, contact your Mayor or city council in writing.

With that being said, keep in mind what Sir William said, cops deal with more BS daily than most of us have to deal with in a year. Thanks to the movies The Fast and the Furious, cops tend to see all cars with noisy exhausts, nice rims etc as potential street racers or trouble makers but the cops don't need to be overly zealous or treat people like crap when they are doing nothing wrong.

·
Anything But Typical
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The big thing is... New London has one of the highest murder rates in the state, and probably the country. I'm sure Groton is not real hot in that respect, either.

--Molly

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
fatal excepti0n said:

If that happened to me I would drive in circles around a block till they leave.
ha ha, lol, good idea, :thumbsup:

·
Registered
972 Posts
Yep, NO COP BASHING IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM!!!!, EVEN IF THEY F**K you in the @ss, They are always right. :rolleyes:

Go to cops online/ask a cop and bash them thier its fun to do if you are bored.

Next time go to Advance Auto, we tell the police to stop harrassing our customers and that we will take them to court with video evidence. Our store manager was once a cop and has long since retired from being one. He is the one helping me persue a class D felony on the cop that tried to get me for wrecless driving just cause my exhaust was loud and it ment that I was speeding.

The cop is guilty of perjury of information. A "witness" he had wrote down seen nothing and I already have a statement from him stamped by a public notery. He did that to help his case against me.

Hey man, it always helps to whip out a camera and shove it in thier face cause they cant do anything about it. Then you can report them for what ever you can prove on tape.

I guess you guys cant really step up to the plate to challenge the cops in some situations, but Im always prepared to. My lawyer went to the same law school and served at the same law firm for 5 years with the Johnson county judge.

:D

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
You know, I understand that you don't like police, I know alot of people that aren't that fond of them either. But please, do not bash them here. I will lock the thread, or delete the thread if it is appropriate. I took the responsibility of Keeping that sort of thing in check for Sir Will, and I will keep it in check. If he doesn't want cop bashing on the forums, then there won't be any cop bashing on the forums.

·
Registered
493 Posts
ya know, cops do that crap downtown.

Our friends and I park downtown in front of a business that is closed for the night, but has 15 MIN LOADING ZONE signs in front. After 15 minutes, we are ticketed. SO, we move to another business. "THIS PARKING IS FOR CUSTOMERS ONLY!" well gee, you're closed, so this parking is for me. Ticketed. AGAIN. For sitting on my hood, with my friends doing the same, drinking a Pepsi and watching everyone drive by. The local cops have nothing better to do but harass kids downtown for hanging out. Anything in this town that was entertaining at all was either shut down by the cops (2 under 21 clubs in less than a year - I'm 18), run out by moronious city council people (Movie theatre? In the CITY LIMITS? What, BRING TAX MONEY AND JOBS TO THE CITY?!?! NO FRIGGIN WAY!!), or ruined by the philly influx. The last thing there is to do in town is to, well, drive in circles. Of course, that is somehow illegal, so the cops harass everyone about it. The last time I got stopped, I watched the cop drive right by a group of kids passing the bowl in the alley to pull me over for a missed turnsignal. Talk about crimestoppers.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Sometimes the immaturity of this group angers me. You can bash cops all you want, but then if you're ever in trouble who are you going to call? Your homies? Cops are there to do their job. Yeah some are there who shouldn't be, but it's like that with any career you look at. If you bash cops, then don't rely on them to help you out if you ever need it. I know I wouldn't.
-Thomas

EDIT: BTW, could someone delete that stupid "click here to bash a cop" thing. That's just retarded and childish.

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
Thomas said:
If you bash cops, then don't rely on them to help you out if you ever need it. I know I wouldn't.
I ALMOST called the cops once when someone was breaking in, but I grabbed a shotgun and phoned my dad instead. They wouldn't be here for 20 minutes anyway, way too late.

There was this one time I spotted a loose pony running towards a 4-lane highway so I notified the State Patrol before it got smoked by a car.

Oh look at this cops signature on that board:

In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.
That says alot about that "nice officer" :leftright

·
Registered
493 Posts
Thomas said:
Sometimes the immaturity of this group angers me. You can bash cops all you want, but then if you're ever in trouble who are you going to call? Your homies? Cops are there to do their job. Yeah some are there who shouldn't be, but it's like that with any career you look at. If you bash cops, then don't rely on them to help you out if you ever need it. I know I wouldn't.
-Thomas

EDIT: BTW, could someone delete that stupid "click here to cash a cop" thing. That's just retarded and childish.
On June 29th, my apartment was robbed. BY MY LANDLORD. I had not one, not two, but THREE eyewitnesses. Two told the police that they saw him go in there and take stuff, but weren't allowed to give a written statement because their parents requested they not do so.

He was not arrested. He was not even questioned. Charges were not filed.

On July 5th, my landlord came and changed the locks on my apartment, and said "you're evicted. Get out.". I had NOT been evicted (he had no reason to do so. He was not getting rent because it was in escrow with the District Justice until many, many repairs were made to the apartment. The kitchen floor's electric did not work, the bathroom had a leaky ceiling and a giant hole in the floor, none of the drains drained correctly, and I didn't have hot water.) I called the State Police, and upon arrival, they told me to leave. When I told them I had not been legally evicted, they said that I was trespassing, and that I would be arrested if I did not leave.

On July 9th, me and a few friends decided to have a party back at my hotel. I got pretty trashed, and the designated driver only had ONE drink. We droive by my old place to go get a friend, and we saw my landlord standing outside with 2 state police. He pointed to us, and shortly thereafter we were pulled over, cuffed, and hauled down to the station. No clue as to why. From what I gather, he busted out the windows in his car, and said it was us. So, I got to spend the night after my birthday shackled to a wall because I refused a breathalyzer and refused to admit to something I didn't do. The DD blew a 0.03, 0.01 over the under 21 limit, so he got an underage and a DUI.

Call the cops for help? No thanks. Next time, I'll wait for him to step inside, and I'll be right behind the door with my twelve guage.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts