TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this morning i started my 95 4.6 to let it warm up for about 15 mins. I came out side to back her out of the drive way to go to shcool and put her in reverse and the engine started running really rough. I drove her down the street and no power at all. When you pull up to a stop sign the engine idle is really bad, it goes from normal idle to below 500 like she wants to die and up again. Also when your driving it she is extreamly rough. Does she need a tune up or is this something else? She ran great yesterday when i took her to get gas and wash her. Thanks

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Sounds like a dirty/stuck IAC (Idle Air Control) Valve. Try cleaning it and see if it runs any better.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
02s....maybe? youd see a code with them....thats what mine has wrong with it right now....a rear 02...im just waiting for a lift at my school....so id say check iac...pcv...o2...and other assorted air/fuel correction and sensors...could be a number of things....id start by cleaning your iac...since you have a 95 its ont he firewall....two bolts forget what size...but clean it good with carb cleaner....or something strong...if that doesnt clear it up....there only 40 bucks...but check the other sensors before replacing the iac

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can some one tell me where my IAC is in this pic i have attached, and is it really hard and expensive to replace because i dont have alot of tools. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
It doesn't show in the picture.

Follow the black plastic tube that connects to the intake tube in front of the throttle body, on the driver's side. It will lead you straight to it.

It costs about $60, and can be replaced in under 20 minutes. Two bolts hold it in place.

Try disconnecting the MAF sensor and see if it runs any better. It may throw the Check Engine Light on when you do that.

Seeing as you have an oilled cone air filter, your MAF sensor might be gummed up with excess K & N oil. Try cleaning the MAF with some electrical contact spray cleaner first, then try unplugging the MAF next

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
windex works to.......on another note...hows the oil breather working for ya?......the way you have it setup...just as good as the stock one that crosses the intake?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts