TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just brought 1997 4.6 car only had leaking intake so I didnt know how car truly drove. Well I did the PI intake swap and it runs like crap. Ive visibly check for vacuum leak, replace plugs and wires still running bad. The previous owner said he hollowed out cats but I dont think that would hesitate it. The code i got from scanner is p0171. Side note I cover air filter hole half way and car revs up(little wierd) HELP

·
Banned
575 Posts
Pop off and check spark plug wires firing order as well as for coolant in the plug wells..try cleaning mafs might have gotten something on the filament during swap..and just double check every sensor is plugged back in..lol this happens every swap I do..or some old vacuum line cracks . those red and green hard lines are notorious for it.

·
Banned
575 Posts
Spray carb cleaner along all the vacuum hoses and hard lines and listen for an idle change..mine happen to leak where the plenum met the intake manifold..even with a new o ring gasket it still needed rtv

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well after doing a good bit of searching it seems I have a Dorman PI intake. The one with the individual press in rubber gaskets. Could I just install rubber gasket and remove other style gaskets and try again...any modification needed with Dorman

·
Super Moderator
7,526 Posts
No, you can't use regular gaskets with the dorman manifold. Plus the dorman PI manifold does not give you any performance gain like a real PI intake swap would. If you are going to stick with the dorman manifold, might as well just get the right one for an NPI application.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts