TCCoA Forums banner

Running rough

881 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  BogusSVO 
#1 ·
Hi all!I My '86 Turbo coupe is bone stock,but I have a couple of questions.First of all,when it's "floored",the turbo doesn't stay constant,it fluctuates,on the boost gauge and you can hear it going up and down.Shouldn't the boost stay constant? Also,I'm having problems with the car skipping,or not getting enough gas, when it's floored.Is that possibly the fuel filter?I just changed the plugs,wires.rotor,and distributor cap,so I don't think it's electrical,but I'm not sure.Thanks for any help!

#2 ·
loose the stock "air box" that can cause some surging problems, rigg up a "cold air" set up with a K&N filter

also what is your fuel pressure? and remember 1lb of boost 1 lb of fuel press need
base line w/vac line off should be 38-43lbs
so 10psi boost=48-53 psi of fuel pressure

#3 ·
Hey! I finally figured out what was causing my Turbo Coupe to run so rough!I decided to take my EGR apart and clean it.The port in the intake was clogged to about half the size it was supposed to be.I really wish my 95 T-Bird's EGR was this easy to clean! :zbash: So anyway,the car now runs so much better,no more bouncing turbo :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.