TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since i took my flowmaster mufflers off in my 95 4.6 for clearance issues i have noticed that the car has come down with a rough idle and a raw stench.....
is it possible that me taking the mufflers off has caused this or should i be looking else where? i had autzone read the codes for me and the guy told me that 2 exhaust codes came up. where do i start? i dont have the mufflers anymore so i cant just put them back on, if i need to ill buy a midmount but i kindof wanted to wait until after my vacation....

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
So you have the factory pipe setup minus the mufflers at the end, correct?? If so, then that isn't causing the issue, as my 95 has straight pipe in place of the mufflers with the stock exhaust and it runs fine. Can you describe the "raw" stench? Does it smell like rotten eggs, or more like raw gas?

Jay

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
like raw gas more than anything, like its not getting burnt or somthing.... and yeah the stock piping minus the 3rd cat and i welded in strait pipe for the resonator.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
What were the exhaust codes that Autozone gave you?? If you know what they are, I would do a search and see what it turns up.

Jay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts