TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I may be making two runs to Knoxville. Put in for two Maintenance jobs at Aloca and they now want to test me for both. So I get to make to 8hr trips there and back on two separate weeks:eek:. Yippie....

Well the SC will get its first endurance test in a trial by fire.

If I get this I get to basically go home (Appalachia).

·
Lightly Seasoned
717 Posts
My In Laws live in Kingston, If I could handle the humidity, Id love to move there,Good luck with the road trip and the job

·
Super Moderator
10,396 Posts
Sweet!

I work near Alcoa; I drive past those plants everyday, going to lunch. :)

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, Grog I have my tests at 5:30pm so I could meet you at lunch if you want (will just be in Solway waiting anyway). PM if interested and can get details.

Plan is to leave here the night before (after work) crash at my parents, wait around there til time to take the test, head over there then head home. Hopefully can be ready to be at work on time but we'll see.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well got back from Trip #2 (>2000 miles later total) I'm beat, to say the least.

Got good new today after getting home from work, got results from Test last week--I PASSED. Now time from interviews.

Guess I'll hear about yesterday's test next Thursday.

·
Super Moderator
10,396 Posts
Bowez, I saw your call; I had unexpected meetings all day Wednesday and Thursday. This week sucked. :rolleyes:

I would much rather have been eating hot wings than a (free) dry turkey sandwich.

I hope you get the job! It will rock having another TN member. :)

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOOHOO. Got my result to Electricians test and its another PASS.

So now its just wait on interview schedule. With the way they were talking about electrician shortage I will be moving to Knoxville area.

Grog no big deal about lunch, family wanted to have lunch with me.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One more time ... Interview on the 5th.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Good luck with the interview! I come to the Alcoa area occasionally to visit friends and go to the drag strip.

Russell

·
Super Moderator
10,396 Posts
We can probably do lunch; that would be cool!

Remind me before then! :thumbsup:

Man; it's raining like crap outside, and I want to be working on my red cougar; I'm down to about 10 freak-ing bolts, and a starter having it running. :) It's been getting a pi motor for a while.

I finally have the radiator in, and the intake tube cut to size, the maf pigtail replaced, the fan wiring in, and remembered the starter is on the passenger side, lol.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll call on my way out again, give you plenty of time to call me back ~7hrs. They want me there first thing in the morning and could be there till lunch, if I understood HR right last time I was there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts