TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I changed to a PI intake I noticed that my temperature is a little warmer than it was before. Before the swap it wouldn't even go above the quarter mark on the temp gauge. Now ever since I did the swap, it will be right above the half mark.

1) I have a 180 degree themostat
2) No air bubbles, No leaks.
3) It will only do it if im on the Highway going 60 and above, In town it will hover around the quarter mark

Im thinking about just flushing the antifreeze out, and just using the 50/50 mix stuff to be sure its mixed right. Is there anything else im overlooking?

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
How old is your radiator? The increased power may have increased the amount of heat adsorbed by the radiator. If the radiator is getting old it could have been loosing capacity. I keep going through one every two years. Finally I broke down and got a Griffin. But my engine is bigger... Still have to install my Griffin though...

How is your water pump? Inspect the weep hole for liquid passage.

One thing you can try is some water wetter. :confused:

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just cleaned the radiator and there was also this flap that was in the way on the passenger side, so I just moved it aside. Ill see how it does when I go to work.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still doing the same thing, running "warm". Where is the weep hole on the water pump? Also could a bad radiator cap cause it, how can I check for a bad cap?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how would i check if the cap is bad?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anyone? Im driving like 300 miles this weekend and I dont want anything to go wrong:(

·
Registered
171 Posts
My 95 Cougar did that exact same thing. The engine was original. I replaced the thermostat, radiator, coolant, water pump, heater core (leaking), flushed the system out 10 times, pressure cap and it still did it. I found out later that the temp senders/gages aren't the most accurate in the business. Try replacing the stock temp sensor with a mechanical gage for the time being and run it down the highway. If you temp is normal then, let me know and I will tell you how to "calibrate" (for a lack of a better word) the temp gage. It's easy to do and will cost about $2 in parts. My temp gage ran where it was supposed to after that.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I could have damaged the sensor when I had it out, when I changed my intake.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts