TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any of you have a problem with rust infront of the rear tires, and behind the door??....i have tired to fix this for a long time now, and it keeps coming back....is there anything that i can do, i am afraid that the metal is becoming thin, and is going to rust all the way through....any info will be appreciated!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Mine's rusted pretty bad there. Look for water coming in in different places, like the wheel well. Remember when fixing it there cannot be any rust there at all. The correct way to fix it would be to cut the area out and weld a replacement panel back in.

·
Registered
600 Posts
GreenThunder15 said:
i don't have a sun roof, how much do you think that it would cost to have those panels replaced, both sides??
I went to a local bodyshop and he told me about 500 to weld new metal and then prime and paint the surface. Thats per side.
Then just for kicks I went to maaco and they said 200 per side to do the same thing.
Just remember... You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is this hard to do??...i might just try and tackle it myself, i am planning on getting a body kit anyway, but i really wanted to get rid of the rust....not half *** it and cover it up...

·
Registered
600 Posts
I would imagine no, if you had the right materials of course. Depending on how bad it is you would have to take into consideration shaping the metal to match the contours of the car, grinding the weld spots, things of that nature. Its hard to say without actually seeing how bad it is. Then once all that is done its gotta be primed and painted the proper way, none of that rattle can crap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts