TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this look like it could be fixed it's only on the surface of the lower fender mount bracket that attaches to the hinge pillar it's top surface on the mount hasn't touched thru to the pillar or body .
Anyone ever seen this being common ..
Thinking about wire wheel it clean and rust proof it and spray it white cause I just picked up two complete clean white 97 doors with 0 rust salvage yard find 30 $ each so at that point I can tackle anything that's common to clean out and fix while doors are off exposing room to the hinge pillar area

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,566 Posts
It is fairly common. If you want to make sure it never comes back, I would drill out the spot welds and remove the bracket, that way you can grind off all the rust on the backside, then weld the bracket back on, and then prime and paint it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is fairly common. If you want to make sure it never comes back, I would drill out the spot welds and remove the bracket, that way you can grind off all the rust on the backside, then weld the bracket back on, and then prime and paint it.
Yea I was oberving the front of the bracket seems light surface so was hoping by that view point that I wouldn't have to remove it doubt it's thru the bracket and or onto the pillar yet

·
Super Moderator
7,566 Posts
That bracket rusts from the inside out, so if you see rust, there is definitely rust between it and the pillar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts