TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
As much as I agree with your sentiments (I've already contacted my reps over my feelings about this and have my membership app for GOA printed out), the politics of this one may send it to an early grave.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Hey, I think as long as everyone demonstrates the proper maturity level then a lot more stuff is safe to talk about. The problem starts when people get mad and resort to childish behavior.

I dont think there is anything wrong with this thread. It looks like something put here to make us more aware as citizens.

It did that for me. I was unaware. Thank you.

But things have to begin somewhere. The internet gets downright stupid. Lets start by setting a good example that it doesn't have to be that way.

Darrin

But the first link doesn't work for me

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well put Darrin.

and on the childish behavior.....which is why i left a bunch unsaid...becasue I don't want the crap to hit the fan.

so please people, lets keep it civil.

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
I know. I personally don't have any problem with it, but if we're going to yank some political posts we've got to yank them all.

And FWIW, this AWB is much more encompassing than the last one.
If this stays civil, it stays.

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
Sounds like the government wants to disarm all of us, so we can't defend ourselves when the New World Order takes place. But what do I know, I'm just a dumb conspiracy theorist.:D 3 words "Skull and Bones"

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
^^^ well that comment is a good start to keeping things civil and mature.

anyway thanks for the heads up, I'll have to read it later. I just popped in here for a moment while taking a coffee break from work I really need to get done.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Even people for gun control shouldn't vote for it because it was not and will not be effective.
Agreed. This bill seeks to ban only particular models of weapons with a "scary" appearance by focusing on certain features like pistol grips that have absolutely nothing to do with the lethality, concealability, or other considerations that would make a weapon more attractive to a criminal than a law-abiding citizen. This bill is pure politics and will not make anyone in this country any safer than they are today.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Then only criminals will have guns. And they will still have them. You can't get them all back nor can you stop thier illicit manufacture here in the US. If smelly meth labs and very smelly and high energy consuming indoor marijuana grows can flourish here undetected I don't see why illegal small arms shops can't too.

Furthermore if you want to smuggle a bunch of guns into this new gun free America all you have to do is ship them along with the hundreds of thousands of pounds of marijuana and cocaine, among other things, that illegally flow across our borders every year.

I'd hate to be one of those gunless cops up against a bunch of gangs, drug dealers and gun runners...

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
i say ban all guns but who am i.
The only problem with banning all guns is that it only affects those that are truly law abiding citizens. The gang bangers, hit men, organized crime groups, etc. would still be able to acquire them. That leaves the law abiding citizens (like mercutio, myself, Palmguy, and obucna . . . I just use these names because I know you guys own firearms, some of which would be affected by this ban) without (1) a means to defend ourselves against those that mean to do us harm and (2) a way of life.

I say way of life because, personally speaking, I enjoy going to the range during the weekend as a way to get away from the things that eat at me during the week. I use going to the range as my outlet because I honestly can't play sports worth a dang and going to the range is something that anyone can do and have a safe and fun time. Also, I use my "trigger time" as more of a mental work out as there is a lot more involved to the shooting sports than just yanking a trigger and tallying up your score.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
*cough* London *cough*

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes....Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
Yeah, and let me guess, the ganstas in the city are going to give up all their guns no questions asked, right?

As others here have posted, banning of fire arms would only affect law abiding citizens. The criminals would still have guns.

Just ask Ramos and Compean (sp?)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts