TCCoA Forums banner

RWL in or out?

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Wile E. Coyote Jr. 
#1 ·
Putting Cobra GT 235/60/15’s on tomorrow on my 96 Tbird LX 15” basic rims as my old Turanzas can’t be trusted after 10 years with just 20k miles lol. My stock rims were painted all black previously for a slick look. Tire guy asked if I wanted raised white letters out or in.... Anyone have some good pics of these RWL on their car, preferably with a black wheel? Would love to see any. I saw some older pics of some silver wheels but the dpi resolution wasn’t so good to blow up and look at. Thinking with the black rims those letters will really “pop” in a good way? Thoughts?

#3 ·
Over 10 years ago I was sporting RWL tires, before I put the wheels I have now on.

Some crafty photoshopping can simulate them being black...

#7 ·
. Here’s my starting point of my project rebuild. View attachment 43243 View attachment 43243
she was on the short track to the junkyard by the end of the year, but the 4.6 intake failed before I was quite ready to part ways. I installed a new intake so now I’ve decided to start a slow rebuild. Just keeping the basics stock for now. New front struts last year. I will do Front brake work of pads, motorcraft rotors , & new rebuilt calipers & brake hoses waiting to be installed soon. Starting a search to find a mechanic to replace the oil pan gasket or other sources of oil leak, then a new custom paint job in the future. 198,000 miles on original power train on Mobil one for its life, still drives quick!

#9 ·
RWL always out! Especially with those wheels painted black, which makes them look subdued IMO.

Al

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.