TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've done some looking around and again, the net is full of miss info and its hard to search for related articles..
1st ?. Is there any cobra intake that is a swap on without having to change the imcr's ??? I don't want a rerouted marauder .
Will 42lb injectors and stock fuel pump be enough for e85 and an Xcal?
If its a 98 lsc what make/model if any cars can I get upgraded sway bars from??
Would 410s have any issues on a stock tune with proper speedo gear?
What's the widest tire size I can fit on stock rim,with airride still working,on stock rims,stock height????
Also is there a way to install some kind of bulbs in the rear ballast and then just wire it into the brake lights possibly ???

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
If you want to run E85, you should use an E85 compatible pump, otherwise I don't think the life expectancy of you pump will be long. On top of that, if your going through the trouble of doing 42 lb injectors, why would you not go through the trouble to change out the fuel pump?

·
Banned
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because changing the injectors is an easy task....
If the stock pump is fine for awhile I want to keep it..I dont wanna hear e85 compadable blablabla , the rubber made in 98 is more than enough to not degrade from almost any kind of fuel that touches it..I'm just worried about it running too hard and burning out..but it might be sufficient enough for e85 and mild mods

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
The need to pump an additional 30% more fuel is why you need a different (bigger) pump.

Al

·
Registered
440 Posts
The stock can't handle that extra load ?
No. I've researched the fuel delivery aspect for weeks because of my supercharging plans. The stock pump can't move enough fuel for even 300hp forced induction safely (NA, yes. But not forced induction). It just doesn't have the flow. That's why Vortech recommends an inline booster pump and a FMU to get the flow and pressure up but that stuff is junk.

I bought a Quantum Fuel Systems QFS340 fuel pump which flows 340lph and is e85 compatible. It's a rebadged aeromotive stealth 340 but way cheaper. I haven't put it in yet but I will be soon. It's 70 bucks with a coupon code from the mustang corral forums

·
Registered
440 Posts
My car is almost 300 stock though...what is the lph on the stock 98 lsc fuel pump?
Stock pump is around 120-130 lph. It's adequate for most gasoline NA demands from the stock engine and power levels. E85 needs a much higher flowing pump just because of how much fuel is needed to maintain a proper combustion. E85 requires 35% more fuel just from the get go. You probably can get away with it with a tune at lower RPMs but don't hit high RPMs unless you really wanna risk it. Stock without a tune I think you'll screw the engine. These cars tread a fine line and seem to be affected by little changes much more drastically than other engines I've noticed. They don't have a lot of room for compensation. They ping the second you take the fuel/air out of its comfort zone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts