TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, since we will be driving the 94 bird to NC from alaska, I have a few ?'s.

1st. Will putting stock cats on the art system quiet it down? if so, how much.

2nd. Will I get increased gas mileage with cats on?

note: Only mods are U/D's, RichardM tube, and the ART system with flomasters.

Any help, as always, is greatly appreciated.

also, the option of High-Flo cats isn't an option, unless I pay for overnight shipping from the lower 48. What would give me the best performance and mileage?

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
gas mileage would probably go down, but not signifigantly. The system would quiet noticably, and you'd lose that "hollow" sound.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
throw some highflow cats on there and fuggedaboudit, ;) that way you won't have to do it later :D

·
Banned
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What will they do for sound? and mileage? I agree, and was steering that way, but 5000 miles of drone through Canada and the U.S. within 14 days could get annoying...no? I am fine with it everyday, but for that many days strait...Hmmm, I think I might get annoyed :)

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
just turn up the stereo, works for me, i've still got the stock cats and mine drones really good at about 70 mph+........:D

·
Banned
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
chorizon, normally I would, but will have a 4 yr old, the wife, and a 2 yr old springer spaniel doggy with me...Not doing this trip bach style. Although, we will have several hundred CD's to play via MP# via direct connection from laptop to sterio :)...CHA____CHING!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Get the high flow cats, and have them welded in. It'll be quieter (good for wife and kids). I really don't think the cats affect the mileage a ton, I'd think having the car weighed down with 4 people and their luggage will affect it more.
OEM cats = ewwww. I still have mine, but I'm not touching the exhaust until I have headers going in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts