TCCoA Forums banner

?'s about egr...

726 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  chris g 
#1 ·
As you might remember my car threw the code P1407. The egr valve code. Well I decided to make a friend help and we are gonna clean all egr passages we can get to. My question is, will this make my car run like crap. At WOT it misses really bad (I can't even get the back tires to slip). I thought tune up before the light came on but everything checked out good. Will the egr passages being blocked make my car run this bad?

#4 ·
fords egr system is known for carbon deposits in the egr passagway I find myself cleaning them out all the time. For a quick test put a vacuum gauge on the egr valve and apply 10 pounds of vacumm if it doesn't make a big difference with the idle you got a clogged passage way. Get some TB cleaner and a small flat head screwdriver and clean out the passages after the TB and behind the egr valve.
N8!

#6 ·
egr question

:2huh: my question is this i cleaned the egr today and put it all back together and now it runs like crap. it idles bad and spits and sputters while driving it. what did i do wrong? thanks for the help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.