TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used one of these? I am not considering it but was talking to someone else locally that wants to run one. I told him I'd never heard of anyone in the mod motor world using one. So I was just checking to see if anyone had and what they think, or if anyone knew anything about them at all. I read a little description on the website but there wasn't much there. I know of some ricers that run them but no respectable import guys I know use them. So, what's anyone know, got a good arguement as to why the guy I know shouldn't use it because he seems pretty set on it. He would be buying it through and getting it tuned by a local shop. I think they pretty much talked him into it.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a piggy back thing to adjust the air:fuel ratio. Nothing I'd ever use.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know its not something magical that doesn't do anything. You can tune the air:fuel ratio with it to some extent. But the thing I read about it on the manufacturers site said you can only tune 8 points at 500 RPM increments. That really didn't seem like enough to me, in which case I guess you could look at it and say it doesn't do anything, lol. What kind of RPM increments can you tune using SCT's software?

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
It's junk because of how it "tunes" the AF ratio. All it does is trick the computer, and that is a bad thing. You have to change the data in the computer itself to allow the computer to do it's job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts