TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what some of the differences are between the 2 engines. I have 3 complete S/C engines here, and i have noticed the heads have SC cast in the corners. Also the blocks have SC cast behind the flywheels. Are there other things that are different? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
7,666 Posts
SC block has more webbing and is much stronger. SC motors got forged crank and rods, and different pistons. SC heads have a thicker deck to try to help with the head gasket issues. There may be more differences, but those are the only ones that I know about for sure. Basically everything on the SC block had to be beefed up to hold up to the blower.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
IIRC, the blocks were stronger than the N/A counterpart, and the internals (crank, rods, etc.) are forged compared to cast.

And of course, the S/C engine has a supercharger strapped to it :D

There may be a few more differences but that's what comes to mind right now.

Jay

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya thanks guys, thats good to know i,m just trying to decide if i should keep these 3 blocks or scrap them. Anyone else have any knowledge about these engines. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
7,666 Posts
Are they running motors, or at least good bottom ends? If they are, you could probably sell them for more than scrap value.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
YES i have 3 complete engines here, 2 of them are fairly low mileage and run very nice, the other engine only has 15000 miles on it since it was rebuilt, but the previous owner says it overheated for some reason and blew the head gaskets. FastEd thank you, that is very helpful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts