TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if i would be ab;e to take the S/C ground effects off of an S/C and fill the letters on the rear fascia with bondo or body fill to give it a clean surface instead of having "super Coupe" written on it since i have an LX. Just curious if anyone has done this and if you had pix. As always, thanks in advance.

C.Hill

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Yes, I'm sure its been done, just don't know where to look for pics. But I think I'd fill them in with glass, not bondo. Of course I'm not a body man.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I'm assuming you want to do that for your 94? I'm wondering if a rear fascia off a 96-7 would fit in place of a rear 94 lx bumper? To me, the 96-7 rear bumpers don't look a whole lot different than the 94-5 SC rear bumpers. Bumpers on pre 94SC's is a different story. Also, have you considered getting the rear gfx piece for 94 from Xenon, looks fairly close I believe.

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually i am going to put it on my '97. I have been itching to do my exhaust but i would like to get the rear fascia on it before i do my exhaust. I didn't want to put my tailpipes in the wrong place and then have to redo them after i got my rear fascia on.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Yes you can fill the letters in. You will have to use rigid plastic filler, the stuff made for bumpers. I'll let you know that it's kind of pricy. I used 3M Automix EZ Sand Rigid Parts Repair "some info here". You first must strip off all of the paint and ruff up the surface so it has something to attach to. Then mix it up, it comes in it's own mixing tube. Don't use just that, you won't get a good mix and it will fall apart on you when you sand it, or worse you will get it all done and painted and then it will fall apart. Get a piece of cardboard, squirt it out on to the cardboard then take a rubber mixing spatula and mix the hell out of it. Make sure you have a consistent color. You must be fairly quick about it because it sets up pretty quick. Apply the filler to the area making sure you don't have any air bubbles. Let it dry and sand it down for a smooth finish, if you have any imperfections you will have to redo the last step. Once you have sanded it down to the finish you wanted put some primer on it. You can use Krylon for the time being, I assume you will be doing this your self. It isn't really that hard, if you take it to a shop it will be some $$$$$$$$!

I just put an 89 SC rear on my 96 and smoothed the trim/molding on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts