TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
back about a year ago i noticed a nice pair of cobra r's 17x9 on modular depot, pretty cheap and they were local so i went out and brought them. figuring when i had money ill do the hub swap and throw on a nice fat pair of 275's.

we'll now that i have some money im looking into doing this but my problem is that my wheels have a 24mm offset and by searching around i have found out that these will stick out pretty bad out of my fenders.

the biggie is that i have an intrex drop and the infamous rear sink. my back is slammed, its lower then the front by about 1.5 inches. my question is if i were to buy airbags and raised up the rear to the level where its even...or maybe a little more.
- would i be able to put on a pair of 275's? ( i know if so i'll probably have to roll my fenders this isn't a big concern for me)

-if not what should be a safe size for me?
-can i even buy airbags that will give me a 2inch or more lift?
-does anybody have pics with 24mm mustang wheels on a t-bird i would like to see?

any help would be great! thank you guys

·
Registered
240 Posts
i am not too sure about the tires, but you can for sure get airbags that will get you 2" of list easily, mine get about 11" of travel total.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
heard some people of using stock springs and maybe cutting a top coil off? to lower it a bit....dunno how fafe that would be but some say they have never had any problems with it....

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
heard some people of using stock springs and maybe cutting a top coil off? to lower it a bit....dunno how fafe that would be but some say they have never had any problems with it....
I cut 2 coils off my rear stock springs just to get it back down somewhat level with the front...mine sat to high in the back. Even with drop springs, the back sat to high. So I cut 2 coils off each rear, and took out the isolator.....much better now.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
wont that make the shocks break down quicker? or make anything else wear down faster?

·
Resident drifter
649 Posts
put stock springs back in the rear. try old, saggy ones
nooo.

yes, I have cut my eibachs, all that happened is it got lower and stiffer

wont that make the shocks break down quicker? or make anything else wear down faster?
as long as you have good shocks it will not be a problem.

also try replacing the spring cups, and if for some reason that doesnt work, order a set of spring rubbers, they are cheaper than airbags.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts