TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a S&W 11-3568 mild steel 10 pt roll cage? I know theres issues sometimes with cage kits not fitting right. I'm not planning to install swing out bars my [email protected]$$ can just hop over. Ive found threads on here with people running there 8 pt roll but didnt see and 10 pt cages. And the interior is gutted.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well kit is on the way should be here next week. No one else on here has had a problem with the s&w 8 pt kits and they seem to have a good rep.

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
Do you have any pics of their kits installed?

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Window bars

Hello

I had to get different window bars made. They would not clear the windshield.

By the way my kit is NOT a prefab. I even made my own frame rails from 2X3's
My cross rail is a pain in the @##. Can't pull the drive shaft.

In My new car the cross will be more forward.

Built Solid Tested Strong the HARD! way. Oval track racing can be a full contact sport.

Paul

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks paul and yeah ill keep it posted on the progress. I had the option to go chrome moly or DOM but my pocket limits me to mild steel. The sales tech said they would call me once the kit was bent up and ready to ship.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Yup, keep us posted, and load up some pics if you can (during and after). I am getting ready to add an 8pt and would like to see some of what is needed. I don' t think I can use these kits though because I want the stock interior present which leads me to believe I need a sculpted cage, and that just makes me cringe when I think of the cost. However, if one of these S&W kits is that close perhaps it can be changed to work in a stock interior MN12.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
a few people here on tccoa have used the s&w 8pt with the interior intact that ive seen in a few other threads with pics. All of my interior has already been stripped out. Including the dash shell after the cage is in i can build a custom dash around the cage.

·
Registered
501 Posts
a few people here on tccoa have used the s&w 8pt with the interior intact that ive seen in a few other threads with pics. All of my interior has already been stripped out. Including the dash shell after the cage is in i can build a custom dash around the cage.

Actually, you really got me thinking after I read this, so Ijumped on their site and asked some questions once I read the little bit they had posted about the kit. What I did find out it that the kit was designed to fit a car with the interior in it, however this starts to not apply as you move into the rear interior. S&W said that the rear cage bars will penetrate directly into the area for the rear seat, so that would need to get pulled UNLESS (and I love that there is an unless) I buy the kit and also buy the rear "pro street" bars which extend out above the rear seat and instead penetrate the luggage shelf.

I am awaiting to find out what the measurements are (if they will provide) and then also ask if the prostreet rear bar kit is made to connect on a frame that is modified for tubs, which is the major concern.
I think ultimately I am going to go to the 2 speed shops I have locally and price a "non painted" uninstalled roll cage sculpted to the interior the way I want it and see how much more it will be.

Nonetheless, you got me started and it looks like I know exactly what the next project is going to bring!:D

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

fed ex dropped the kit off today soon alot of notching and welding to do

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I've got the base mild kit, had it for years. It went in quite easy, they made everything a bit long so you could trim to perfection.

Looking back, I shouldn't have wasted money on the Mild Steel. Next time, get DOM and sve yourself a headache down the road (door-to-door race classes won't allow mild, must be DOM or moly).

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah mild steel was in the budget i havent got the kit together yet ill be welding everything in a month or two hopeffully

1 - 12 of 12 Posts