TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
A few days ago I heard some very sad news relating to Dutch T-Bird (Robert Hendriks). Robert sadly lost his courageous battle with cancer on the 3rd October.

Robert was a good friend of mine, even though we had only met in person once (see my picture gallery). He was a longtime T-Bird owner and in that respect we had a lot in common. Robert was enthusiastic about his car right up until the end. If you've seen his pictures you will know why, and recently posted pictures of his air-ride installation.

I knew he had been told his disease was terminal, but I had no idea that things had deteriorated so quickly.

Rest in peace Robert. You will be missed.

Reactions: Tbird Bob

·
Administrator
13,709 Posts
Thanks for letting us know Andy.

RIP Robert.

So sad. :( He was only 41, same age as myself.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Wow thats awful news. RIP Robert, fly high in the sky. :angel2:

·
̇
3,701 Posts
I hope whoever inherits his Thunderbird appreciates it as much he did..He really loved these cars, and he will be missed..

Moge hij rusten in vrede...

Rayo..

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Rest in Peace I know he will be in spirit with who ever drives the car next. Really makes you think how short life is when you are the same age or near it to someone who dies.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Sad, but it will come to all of us. How, thats the scary part. Hope the Bird stays within and may his soul keeps flying. Time stop's for Nothing.
M.

RIP.

·
Registered
2010 BMW M5
1,668 Posts
Just goes to show life can be terribly short, live it to the fullest. That's a shame, at least he is flying with the other birds in the sky...and cats. Sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Awful news. Live life to the fullest!

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
My condolences to the family

Such a shame to lose those at such a young age. May he rest in peace.

·
Registered
240 Posts
RIP buddy, he always had the nicest looking pictures of his bird. Hopefully somebody will be taking care of it like he did.

·
Administrator
8,694 Posts
Rest in peace Robert.

A buddy of mine just lost his wife to cancer a few weeks ago, tough way to go! :(

Joe

·
Registered
213 Posts
rip mr. dutch t-bird

Gone too soon. Way too soon. Cancer is indiscriminant. Claimed my favorite aunt my best friends mom and my grandparents. Such sadness. But happy to know that theres even mn12s driving in europe, even if its only a small handful. These cars truly are something special to people. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully someone from Germany buys the car. It belongs on the autobahn passing up a BMW 6 series...

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hopefully someone from Germany buys the car. It belongs on the autobahn passing up a BMW 6 series...
Haha, I'm sure he would love to see that! :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts