TCCoA Forums banner

Sad news from Europe: RIP Dutch T-Bird

4K views 22 replies 22 participants last post by  dDUBb 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
A few days ago I heard some very sad news relating to Dutch T-Bird (Robert Hendriks). Robert sadly lost his courageous battle with cancer on the 3rd October.

Robert was a good friend of mine, even though we had only met in person once (see my picture gallery). He was a longtime T-Bird owner and in that respect we had a lot in common. Robert was enthusiastic about his car right up until the end. If you've seen his pictures you will know why, and recently posted pictures of his air-ride installation.

I knew he had been told his disease was terminal, but I had no idea that things had deteriorated so quickly.

Rest in peace Robert. You will be missed.

See less See more
Reactions: Tbird Bob
#5 ·
Wow thats awful news. RIP Robert, fly high in the sky. :angel2:

#8 ·
I hope whoever inherits his Thunderbird appreciates it as much he did..He really loved these cars, and he will be missed..

Moge hij rusten in vrede...

Rayo..

#10 ·
Rest in Peace I know he will be in spirit with who ever drives the car next. Really makes you think how short life is when you are the same age or near it to someone who dies.

#14 ·
Just goes to show life can be terribly short, live it to the fullest. That's a shame, at least he is flying with the other birds in the sky...and cats. Sorry for your loss.

#15 ·
Awful news. Live life to the fullest!

#16 ·
My condolences to the family

Such a shame to lose those at such a young age. May he rest in peace.

#19 ·
rip mr. dutch t-bird

Gone too soon. Way too soon. Cancer is indiscriminant. Claimed my favorite aunt my best friends mom and my grandparents. Such sadness. But happy to know that theres even mn12s driving in europe, even if its only a small handful. These cars truly are something special to people. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully someone from Germany buys the car. It belongs on the autobahn passing up a BMW 6 series...

#20 ·
Hopefully someone from Germany buys the car. It belongs on the autobahn passing up a BMW 6 series...
Haha, I'm sure he would love to see that! :)

#21 ·
Rest in peace Robert. Gone too soon.

#23 ·
Very sad news indeed, I hadnt heard from him since August of this year and then I noticed this post.

Robert was also a good friend of mine although we had never met in person, we exchanged many messages regarding Thunderbirds over the years. I had quite a few conversations with him on the Baggedbirds website forums, he always wanted his car to have that certain look and air suspension to top it off and he did pull it off very nicely it was clean inside and out.

I had hoped to meet up with him once day since he mentioned planning a trip overseas to travel while he still had time - he said he wanted to bring his car along with him to drive across America. :tongue:

My condolences to his family and friends, he will be missed by many including some from half way around the world.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.