TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
It takes me a long time to save up for stuff that is necessary to move my project forward.
Forgive me if this has been asked and answered, please point me to that.

I need a fire suit and at least one more in addition to run land speed events sanctions here in the East. No big surprise.

The surprise was the safety level required:
SFI 32A/15
Gloves , boots,head sock all rated similarly high

Helmet is min SA2010 prefers 2015 and dispose of after 5 years.

.The least expensive two or one piece suit I located is over $600.00 Helmets are similarly highly priced.

Can anybody help me out here? Newbie needs a little help.

My laptop finally gave up so I am using my phone to research.

RD

Registered
My laptop finally gave up so I am using my phone to research.
Welcome to the club .. My kids stole my computer to play mine craft so its all phone all the time. 馃槀

You should be able to pick up a helmet for half that price. The SA2010 rating is expired, these are good for 10 years so you could get turned away at the track. The SA2015s are going for cheaper now that everything is SA2020. There are a number of helmets with those ratings under $300, I prefer to stick with a Simpson or Bell helmet. If its your first helmet you could always buy a cheaper one to get a feel, if you like open face, if that is allowed .. Or a helmet with enough room for glasses / sunglasses like the extended view helmets .. Black or white ? Because they get hot in the sun if you are at an all day event. If you decided to get another nicer helmet down the road, it could be used for a passenger at some events. Just my .02

I don't know about fire suits .. My car is not that fast ( yet ) 馃

Registered
1991 Mercury Cougar LS 5.0 in restoration
Not many on this site into this type of racing. I wonder if you might be better off finding a Facebook group for that type of thing???

Also, is assume a lot of the safety equipment for drag and dirt track reaching might also fight the bill, so look into those groups as well.

Hope that helps a bit

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.
I got a lot of benefit from TCCOA members and appreciate all the thoughtful input I have received from them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts