TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 xr-7 that is sagging badly on the rear drivers side. I dont know much about my suspension but my dummy lights have a light for "rough ride" its not on but I want to know what its for and how to figure out what needs replacing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bearing your description, it coud be a broken spring. Could also be a broken sway bar end link. Worn bushings in the rear knuckle, or control arms, and worn spring isolators, could contribute to this condition too.

The best way to find out is to get the cat on a lift and have a good look around the suspension assembly.

The rough ride light in the info center is for cars that have the electronic adjustable suspension. Most MN12 cars that have the info center have that light, even if they don't have the adjustable suspension.

It's one of Ford's "One size fits most" parts. Or at least that is how I understand it. My '96 LX has the same spot on the info center as well, but it will never come on because it's not connected to any adjustable suspension, due to the fact that my bird never had it.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Firm Ride is the indicator lamp for the adjustable ride control that your car does NOT have. All Supercoupes do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts