1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Probably need 2 get mustang/cobra hubs, but the front rim may rub the spindle...

·
Registered
623 Posts
looks like its a 20x9 front and 20x10 rear setup, should work if done right.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Yep, my 18*9 rub the front spindle w/out the spacers, that's y I threw that out there lol

·
Registered
623 Posts
Yep, my 18*9 rub the front spindle w/out the spacers, that's y I threw that out there lol
Really! i thought that 9" wheels worked fine...i knew that it was close but i didn't know that they rubbed. Is this for all 9" wheels?

Im gunna b getting wheels here in a few months but i don't like the sounds of rubbing.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Nah not all 9inch wheels rub.. Mine rub because they have no lip on the front of the rim, all the lip is on the back and the front is flat.. The Saleen rims have that sunk in design so they may not rub.. But since they r 20" inch rims and the spindle comes closer 2 the back of the rim as it comes 2 the control arm, they may rub.. But who knows untill u try em on rite?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have 1.25" spacers i think but the last rims i had on there with those spacer were a set of 17 and 18 inch rims and they both would stick out of the car and when i turned the fender would tear into the tires kind of and on the back would graze the tops

so what im trying to figure out is will those spacers make these rims do the same thing or would it still be in the well and not rub the spindle or would the mustang hubs be best

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
To get these wheels to fit on an MN12:

1. Cobra hub swap on all 4 corners.
2. Saleen replica wheels with correct offset (20x9 +36 & 20x10 +45) http://www.cruizinconceptswholesale.com/sstyle-saleenextreme-wheels.asp
3. Tires: 245-35-20 & 275-30-20 or 255-35-20 & 285/295-30-20.

Notes:
- Spacers aren't a good idea. Do it right, it gets much more expensive when you skimp and things break. Do you want to chance the wheels your car rolls on at speed? 100% hubswap for sure with this big of a wheel.
- Will probly have to roll fendelips in rear and tie up your e-brake cable.

-Joel

·
Registered
987 Posts
Nah not all 9inch wheels rub.. Mine rub because they have no lip on the front of the rim, all the lip is on the back and the front is flat.. The Saleen rims have that sunk in design so they may not rub.. But since they r 20" inch rims and the spindle comes closer 2 the back of the rim as it comes 2 the control arm, they may rub.. But who knows untill u try em on rite?
No....Yours rub because of the wheel specs. Backspace is backspace, width is width. Its got nothing to do with anything described above actually...heh Not trying to be nasty but I dont know how else to put it to be clear.

Lastly...A 20" wheel actually has more lattitude with respect to offset because the widest part of the wheel is outside of the upper control arm. +36MM is a great place to start with a 9" wheel in the front but I would not want to go lower than that by too much. With a 20X9 i would rather go Higher than lower with respect to offset. I could go on and on but I think I made my point.

GodSpeed hit it pretty good...Instead of rolling fenders I would opt for the slip in helper air bags myself. But thats just me...

Would like to see someone put these on. GL with your project. Hit me up if you have any questions.

ICE...If you have any concerns direct them to me if you want a strait answer.

Everyone have a great weekend.

Cheers

Brad

1 - 10 of 10 Posts