TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,
As per below these wheels are now available in Tbird Specs. I will be able to fill orders in approx. 8 weeks maybe sooner....I have been given the style though. Stay tuned and Please add your questions or comments.

Brad

·
Registered
168 Posts
I love those wheels, Saleen wheels are badass...I think they would sell. I'm not a potential customer of those wheels per se since I have my sights set on a different set that you offer. ;) Just thought I'd offer my opinion.

--Brian.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
If you can do it for $200 or less a whell, sign me up.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BoJangles....The Y2K Cobras come in the 18X9.5....Does that not work for you??? If you would like more info on them Hit me up on the email...

Fathead...Thanks for participating, I appreciate your opinion and hope others will follow...I have an appointment with Dante Design Monday morning...So we will see what happens...

CobraRThunder...I am gonna keep the prices down best I can...I don't even have a price sheet on these things...So it is hard for me to say really what they are gonna cost...I know they seem to be a lil pricey for the Mustang guys when I was doing price checks...I will do what I can...Also, thanks for the coments...

Brad

·
Registered
222 Posts
those wheels are too damn sweet. if the price is under 300$ a wheel i will save for em. i found cobra r's for our cars, i have to find the dan website but they are made to our bolt pattern. they have 17/18/19 inch sizes so i will post the link in the morning when i find them. i have the adress on my cpu at work.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK Gents...Good news...The Saleen Speed Stars are officially a Tbird Spec wheel that is available to us in these sizes...

17X9 Polsihed $166ea
17X9 Chrome $231ea
18X9 Polished $198ea
18X9 Chrome $252ea
18X10.5 Polshed $212ea
18X10.5 Chrome $265ea

Those are the prices...I am able to sell these on a perset basis from the start too...Here is the catch..I hope everyone is still reading...I am not gonna be able to take orders on this style for 60days...The back order on these things is a mile long I am told...So to make sure that there is not gonna be an availability problem they are gonna offer them to us when things are caught up...Bottom line is simple though...W have yet another wheel to add to the MN12 list baby...I am stoked and can hardly wait to see these wheels on a Tbird...

Questions or concerns can be emailed to me...My PM Box is always loaded up guys...It is easier to get back to ya via [email protected]

Regards

Brad

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am not sure of the backspacing on the 10.5" wheels, I would imagine this would be a Rear application only...And in that case I would say that either a +32 to +36MM backspace should be fine...As it is now the +36 sits inside the wheelwell pretty good, so there is room to play with...I don't have ALL the particulars on the 10.5" wheel specs yet...

Any other questions are welcome....I will have more information later in the week....

Brad

·
Registered
99 Posts
Mrbojangles, the 18 x 9.5 y2k cobra R's will fit with no rubbing lock to lock in the front of these cars even if they are lowered. I bought a set of 4 from the Discount Tire group purchase last year and put them on a month or two ago (my car got a drivetrain transplant) and there is absolutely no problem with them.

·
Registered
222 Posts
could i get the 18 x 10.5 on the back and 18 x 9 on the front with no rubbing problems? sorry i am real excited baout these wheels. :ztoohot: :ztoohot:

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Cudaz101- You might want to pull a wheel off your car and make some test measurements for the 10.5" wheel. I was looking at modifying a set of rims to make them 10.5 and I was going to use a 40 or 41 offset. That would make it real tight next to the rear sway bar, but it might work. Here is a pic of a wheel with +36mm offset and 9.5" wide with a 275 tire.

The 10.5" rim will stick out ~ .5" more than that and a 315 tire (which I assume is what people would want to run) would stick out a bit from that even. I really want to see birds and cougies running around with the 10.5" rear setup, which is why it needs to be done right the first time. :D

Russell

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
No silver painted option...? Thats what i want. I dont want the bling of Chrome, and the PITA of pollished up keep.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
To be honest... I don't like the S, other than that, I love the 5 spoke wheel design!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Man, I tried to get those rims since last year, finally bought some diffrent ones since they didn't make them for the bird. Those saleen style rims are bad ***:eek: I still might try to get those.

·
Registered
97 Posts
2Vbird said:
Mrbojangles, the 18 x 9.5 y2k cobra R's will fit with no rubbing lock to lock in the front of these cars even if they are lowered. I bought a set of 4 from the Discount Tire group purchase last year and put them on a month or two ago (my car got a drivetrain transplant) and there is absolutely no problem with them.
wow... my car is lowered and currently i rub a bit with 17x9's on the front. . i cant even imagine how a 9.5 inch wide rim would fair on my car

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Damn....Sorry I am so delinquint in responding to the thread...I never got email...???

Anyways....

Russel "96Bird", Thanks for the pic and adding to the thread...I am working closley with Dante Design right now and trying to figure out if we can even offer the 18X10.5" wheel as a rear applicaiton...Right now we are considering offsets and +38 was mentioned...One thing is for sure...We are not gonna sell something that is not gonna work...So yea...It is on the table right now, however the other sizes are a go.

BTW...Nice Bird ya got there...:D

Regards

Brad

1 - 20 of 29 Posts