TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
TSTaCC President
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried or thought about putting one of those saleen whale tail looking wings on a t-bird(my miata buddy calls it the "tea tray"). Some mustang guy was telling me it wouldn't look half bad on my car and it wouldn't be off to much if I got a convertible mustang style one. I was wondering other people's thoughts on this before I go out and make myself look like an idiot and try it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Do you mean like this one?

Mike Donley

·
Premium Member
8,978 Posts
What about this one?

What would you guys think about a super touring spoiler? there's one here that I was thinking about. http://www.exoticwooddash.com/uci1670a.htm It seems like it's kinda tall. Does anyone have this on a t-bird? I'd like to see it from the front to compare it better. I wonder if I could maybe custom lower it so the sides just barely don't touch the rear side panels of the car.
-Thomas

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Very FINE ride Mike!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
NICE!!!!

Very Nice Mike, Where did you get the Spoiler and also what type are the Wheels. Those are exactly what I have been looking for.

·
Registered
321 Posts
It is a Saleen S-351 wing. I got it from Saleen. However, there are a number of companies who make copies to go on the Fox body Mustang coupes and convertibles, which have flat trunk lids like the T-bird. If I was going to do it again I would buy a copy so I would not have had to do all the work it took to make the real Saleen wing fit. The body shop had to add fiberglass to the bottom of the pedestals to make them flat. Also the wing was not ready for paint, it was just bare plastic, and the seam keeps cracking between the top and bottom halves of the wing. Try
AGE CLASSIC DESIGNS or ABC EXCLUSIVE

The wheels are FRPP Tbird 17 X 7.5. You can get them at Super Coupe Performance or any Ford Dealer who sells FRPP parts such as Five Star Ford.
Hope this helps,
Mike Donley

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
How much did those wheels run you?

·
Registered
321 Posts
I bought them used with tires for $1000. They are $190 ea. at Supercoupe Performance and $199 from Tire Rack.

Mike Donley

·
Registered
261 Posts
I just dropped my car off at the body shop tonight to get my S351 put on. They have to do the same bodywork to get it to fit right. Made it a lot more expensive. It looks really good though. Hope mine turns out looking that smooth.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts