TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
[Note: Needed to move event from June 3rd to July 1]

The Salina Region of the SCCA would like to invite all Thunderbird, Cougar and Lincoln Mark owners to their July 1st Autocross for TCCoA day. Runs start at 10:30 but try and be there early to check in and get teched. Online registration is available.

There will be a special class for Tbirds, Cougars and Mark VII and VIIIs that day. Don't worry about what your car has or does not have, just come out and have fun. If you don't want to run your car, come out out and watch. Spectators and passangers are always free, drivers are $20. If we have enough to do it we will gladly split the class between V8 and V6s or however else will work.

Your car will need to pass a quick safety inspection. The big things are to ensure you do not have cord showing on your tires (tread not required, but we don't want a blow-out), that your battery is in tight and will not move around or short out, that your steering and brakes work and that you don't have any bad fluid leaks (no big puddles, drops are OK). You will need a working seatbelt for the driver and any passangers. You can bring a Snell 95 or newer rated helmet or we will lend you one for free.

Passangers are free, but must be 14 or older. Under 18 will require waiver signed by a parent or guardian.

Please pass this info on to any other Tbird, Cougar or Lincoln groups you belong to. Also please feel free to contact me direct if you have any questions or requests. You can also check out the Salina SCCA website.

http://www.salinascca.org/

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
That sounds great, and I'll most definitely try to get that weekend off. I really enjoyed the one time I was able to attend last year (I believe it was Octoberfast).

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
surprised jason didnt report this one first... i think that the v8/v6 should be together... naturally aspirated of course.. and the sc's and any other force fed machines in a seperate class (that is unless you want to run with the big dogs..

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
itll be nice to see a bunch of birds there. (cougars too.. lol) cant wait to rag on the birdie after i get my suspension all fixed up!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Divisional Race has been scheduled for that weekend so we will need to change the TCCOA Day to July 1st.

Of course your still welcome to join us in June but since it will be a Divisional Race the rules and racing will not be as laid back as usual.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You have 2 months till the event, plenty of time. I know of a SHO for sale if you want to upgrade. Just kidding, don't flame me!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
nah, jason has a lead on a 96... btw.. WTF was with him relisting it on ebay?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts