TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I've heard here the 96-97 intake provides better flow. I got to thinking that buying a used one from a salvage yard would be an economical worthwhile mod for a 94-95. I've heard the 96-97's pulla car or two on the 94-95's and the intake comes into play. About how much would one of these run for??

·
Banned
1,064 Posts
I don't know how much they run for, but the 97-96 intake is good for something like 15ft-lbs of torque. One of the reasons for this is that it is made of "high strength composite material." Read: plastic. It has been known to crack. On the old forum there was like 8 billion people on there who had one crack. Read that. My 97 is just over 70k miles........orginal intake. I don't know how difficult it would be, I think most people just go for the SVO or Bullitt intake.
--Craig

·
Registered
510 Posts
You will pick up approx 15lbs torque (which you will notice). The air intake is in the center of the manifold, not the back like 95 & back. I may crack then again it may not. Mine has not (yet). I still would like to find some statistics on how many really cracked.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
You'd need everything to the intake side till the MAF. I believe it is higher, and won't clear the 94-95 hood. If you got the hood too, you would need the latch, and shorten the hood, plus painting the hood is it's not the same color.

Save your money for a 99+ GT engine.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
GreenBird said:
You'd need everything to the intake side till the MAF. I believe it is higher, and won't clear the 94-95 hood. If you got the hood too, you would need the latch, and shorten the hood, plus painting the hood is it's not the same color.

Save your money for a 99+ GT engine.
yes, the slight bulge in the 96+ hoods is to clear the intake. not 100% sure that it wont cause a problem, but i figure ford had to have a reason to redesign the hood, otherwise they wouldnt have touched it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts