TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a question about cars with salvaged titles. I was wondering in order to register your car do you have to take it to the DMV to be inspected for it to be titled and registered to you or can you just go to the Secretary of State like a normal vehicle and title and register it?

And also does anyone know where or an web address for insurance company that sell wreck and salvaged cars

·
Registered
85 Posts
Here (in NC) you have to have it inspected by the DMV/State Police. If you call the DMV they should be able to tell you what you need to do.

What kind of salvage cars are you looking for? If its for T-birds I wouldn't even bother. These cars can be found at large dealerships in the wholesale lot out back and can be picked up rather cheap (1500-2000) for a decent car.

·
Heavily Medicated Crime Fighter
2,073 Posts
In some states you can take a salvaged vehicle have it checked out by the state DMV and if everything is ok you can get a clean title for it. Sort of like laundering money.

Mark

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The vehicle im trying to get is an 04 Pontiac Grand Prix 3.8l with 32,000 miles. Im in Michigan so i think that registering it would be the same as a regualar car........im guessing

·
Registered
814 Posts
Varys state to state.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
My Car has a salvaged title . California DMV site said I had to get inspected by chp
and also have a break land ight inspection.

The previouse owner got the salvaged title before the car was repaired.

Anyway I did not have one inspection , I dont know if it had anything to do with
the previouse owner getting the salvaged title before selling it .

Why not go to thew DMV and they will tell you personally what You have to do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts