TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford graciously opened up their proving grounds to a bunch of people from the Marauder and Crown Vic clubs, in Dearborn.

They trotted out all their newest stuff for us to check out, including the new GT.

It's uber cool, all aluminum, has a 5.4L SC'd motor in it, is very, very, very cramped inside - and still weighs about 3500lbs or so.

Sounded like liquid sex, unbelieveable how smooth and powerful it was. Ford won't sell many of these things, but they'll sure make a statement with it. I think it's being built up in Wixom with the Tbird, LS and TownCar, hand assembled.

Gorgeous wheels, brakes, and styling - anybody have a few hundred thousand they can donate to the "Buy Kevin a GT" fund :D?

·
Registered
817 Posts
so was it just that one GT that had the SC 5.4? i thought the new GT's have the 4.6 Dohc 3 valve engines with Vtec(hahaha, thats so fun to say). and this thread is worthless without pics.

·
Registered
817 Posts
lol im such a tool. :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall:

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
Fermium said:
BWAHAHAHAHAHA. Self-ownage!
:zwthstpd:
mmm ...GT ...I'll take two. There's some selling on ebay for well over the MSRP (60+)

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You got to drive it :eek: ? Damn, and I thought I was privilaged :D.

Yeah, this thread does kinda suck without pics, just couldn't contain my enthusiasm for the car. Cameras except for the Ford photographer were not allowed on their facility, but he is supposed to put up pics of us riding in their Marauders later on.

They're already in circulation? Will have to check Ebay, and drool some more.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Fubarian said:
:zwthstpd:
mmm ...GT ...I'll take two. There's some selling on ebay for well over the MSRP (60+)
I thought MSRP was well into the 6-digit range!?

·
Registered
890 Posts
I just looked and found 3 at $225,000+

I think the MSRP is around $157,000???

I want one!!!!!

EDIT: That was on ebay

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
i heard they build them here in the city i live in because i think saleen has a building right down the road from me.... and if i remember correctly they are building the GT's, or it could be the S7..

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
When I was up teaching at the AZ proving grounds I was told Ford would list them in the $140k range, but dealers would be allowed to mark them up like 50%-60% to adjust for "Fair Market Value."

And we couldn't have cameras in their facility either. I even had to turn off the camera in my patrol car. Bummer. Sweet sweet car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts