TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 TBird with the SATC - and have been having some odd issues.

- SATC module is "new" (pull from pick-n-pull - but - the wear on the unit isn't typical of the age of the car, I'm guessing it was a replacement for the car it was in.) Module was replaced since the AC portion / vacuum line area was falling apart.

- Temperature Sensor is new

The outside temperature is correct "some times" - during mornings its the right temperature (I call within 3 degrees of the nearby weather.com OK) but, during the middle of the day, it gets hung on that early morning temperature.

If I perform a test on the SATC module, it passes with no error codes, and then displays the correct temperature.

Example:
Morning AM - 67 degrees (weather.com 69)
Afternoon - 73 degrees (weather.com 95)
Afternoon after SATC test - 98 degrees (weather.com 98)

I'm at a loss on this one - especially since it goes to correct after the SATC test.

·
Super Moderator
10,576 Posts
There is a reference temperature measurement in the computer; if it's hotter than the outside, there's an error until it clears, apparently.

My car(s) will read correctly after the inside of the car cools down.

:)

·
Super Moderator
9,245 Posts
Interesting, mine does this (sort of) as well. It takes a few moments for it to "catch up" to the outside temperature sometimes.

·
Super Moderator
10,576 Posts
There's a fan, filter, and a temperature sensor behind that little grill on the dash, beside the radio.

I bet mr. fan is toast.

:D

·
Super Moderator
9,245 Posts
Do you have more specifics as to where that fan/filter is at? I know the interior SATC temp sensor is behind that little grill next to the radio and there's a duct behind it which leads to the main blower motor cabinet...

·
Super Moderator
10,576 Posts
I've never had ours apart; that's the way the Fox body Tbirds were, tho. I fixed my Dad's, years back.

If there's a duct, it pulls air in; it's sampling room air by design.

A gap in the duct, or something plugging it will make it not work well; it needs to move air, or it doesn't work.

·
Super Moderator
10,576 Posts
(may try some MAF sensor cleaner).
Don't get that on the dash, it will crack in a bit; it's bad for the plastic. Iso alcohol is about the worst you can use without damage.

I'd bet taping the joints in the duct Brandon mentioned will fix the problem; I'll look at the one in Lazarus, he needs a stereo. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts