1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
It was tired of rants from Hugo Chavez of Venezuela and the well-dressed oil minister from Iran.

:znanner: Yeaaaaa baby !!!!!!!!!!!!! Great to hear it !!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Good and bad.

I can hear it now.... "Due to the unrest within OPEC, oil prices have skyrocketed..."

Or it might go the other way.... Can we say a price war between countries trying to sell their oil? :zdevil:

I'll wait before I give my heck yeah!!! :D

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well Saudi is the biggest and if they want less than $100 per barrel...

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
When things change its always for the worst. Gas won't get any cheaper keep dreaming.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
nobody can control monopolies outside our country so we're probably going to get royaly screwed on this deal. they'll probably say well lets raise both or prices no one can do anything about it.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Has anyone seen a confirmation of this? Everything I find on the web is referencing the blog post, not any news source. Nothing on AP, CNN, MSNBC, FOX, etc.

Just the blog post.

A search of MSNBC for "Saudi Arabia OPEC" returned http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26647869/ as the latest article.

So I’m not too sure this is true. :(

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Yeah, I found plenty about Saudi not cutting production, but nothing about them leaving OPEC; just not following OPEC's guidelines to cut production.

There is a big difference between disagreeing with OPEC and not following their guidelines verses pulling out of OPEC and becoming a stand alone supplier.

But it is still good that Saudi isn't cutting production. But if OPEC (sans Saudi) cuts their production by 500K barrels a day, the Saudi point is moot unless they increase production by 500K barrels a day to offset the OPEC decrease. (Saudi had already increased production by 500K per day after Pres. Bush visited them a few months ago.) :D

I guess we’ll have to wait and see what happens (if anything). :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Just out of curiosity...while we are on the topic of BIG oil....

Since Crude Oil is now at 100.87 per barrel for October....

When we were last at the $100 mark (January 08) we were paying close to $3.00 per gal, why are we still paying $3.50 to $4.00 per gallon?

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
I don't really think that this is as big of a deal as you guys are making it out to be...

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Well I for one think it is someone nother than the U.S. is tired of the crap from Hugo Chavez !

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Just out of curiosity...while we are on the topic of BIG oil....

Since Crude Oil is now at 100.87 per barrel for October....

When we were last at the $100 mark (January 08) we were paying close to $3.00 per gal, why are we still paying $3.50 to $4.00 per gallon?
X2, and likely to increase again after Ike makes landfall...

-Rob

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Last week it was 3.48 here, now its back up to 4.00 probably because of this news and the hurricane. Gasoline companies find any excuse...

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
it will start going back up eventually the us has pulled soem strings to put a temporary bandage on our economic situation.

·
Registered
917 Posts
prices are expected to be $5/gallon tommorrow if there is any left. There have been lines for three days at most of the discount/off brand stations. Ill most likely be riding my bicycle to work on monday...

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not that Ike has anything to do with SA & OPEC but...

Still in the 3.50's here. Governor implemented the gouging law today. Once the storm doesn't tear everything up, prices in the rip-off areas will come back down. I'm not bothering to fill up until Sunday.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I filled up today for $3.60/gallon. Lowest price in a while. If prices skyrocket over $4, I can make it last 5 weeks, and that's not counting the days I ride my bike.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts