TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This site saved me a bundle... I'm stuck 500 miles from home working and my daughter killed my tbird!!! Actually she got stopped by a friend cause the car had steam pouring outa it...Thankfully it was still spewing when she shut it off..so didnt cook...

Anyway..I called a buddy...local gm service manager!! and asked him to check it out..I mentioned that I had read on this site about the manifold crackin and told him...Soooo..local ford dealer said no..We want $$...but he kept pushin and another dealer nearby is fixin it under warranty !!! Wont ever darken the local dealer again...BUT just a note to let all know that any info is good stuff!!!

Thanks tccoa.....And by the way..the chip from Dennis works great..sooo much more power it blew the manifold!!! :)

Nitro

97 Sport 4.6

·
8,239 Posts
Dude, the first ford dealer should have fixed it under warantee, no questions asked. That to me is total bull sh*t. I would call ford directly and complain that one of their dealers doesn't want to do warantee work.

But, I'm glad you are getting the work done for free. Its ford's fault anyway for making these cars with plastic intakes, lol.

Justin

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I hate to say this......

and maybe other's experiences will prove me to be in the minority,
BUT: Ford no longer makes their Zone Office's phone numbers
available to the public. (I hope somebody proves me wrong, but
in the past two years experience - that seems to be the case.)

You need to demand a meeting with the Ford Zone Represntative
for your area and that may welll take a friendly Service
Manager. My suggestion is contact that second dealership's Head
Service Manager, and ask him if he would set up a meeting for
you with the Zone Representatve. Once you're face to face with
him/her, cooly explain what happened - hopefully, he/she will
try and straighten out that first dealership's attitude.

Best of luck and let us know how it turns out!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Surprisingly enough, I've had problems with the Ford dealers down here in FL too. I've sent in a letter to Ford Customer Relations but have gotten not a single reply back. I'm hoping with the next few days something will come in the mail or I'll see about a meeting with a Zone Rep. Thanks for the idea!

·
Registered
353 Posts
interesting

this is pretty interesting, i guess i'm not the only one ford screwed. i guess i'll be making 3 calls on monday. one to the BBB, ford customer relationship center, and one to get the number of a zone rep.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Manifold

When my manifold went Ford told me right away it was under warranty. I'd call and complain they just wanted to take you money

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
This is just MY experience.....

but IMHO Ford Customer Relations is TOTALLY worthless - in
fact I believe it goes farther than that. As a result of
numerous contacts by 'phone and internet with "Ford Customer
Relations" it's my opinion that Ford has deliberately structured
this department to function as an open ended,, non-responsive
entity designed to frustrate Ford owners on an ongoing basis to the
point where we finally give up our stated point(s) of contention
and go home shaking our heads in frustration. IMHO it is a
deliberate attempt by Detroit management to sidestep responsibility
and suppress (warranty) costs and repairs. One of their methods
is to make direct 'phone contact with the Zone Representative all but impossible. I found that not only is such a number not listed in information but that Ford Customer Relations will
not give it to you upon request, and that the dealerships seem
to be operating under instructions (from Ford) not to provide the number to customers who ask for it.

I hope I am unique and that other's experiences prove me to be
totally wrong in my conclusions about their attitude towards
Customer Relations - but, so far, my experience with them has been pretty
dismal.

Good luck to all of you trying to get satisfaction,

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Found out about the recall and called...

I have had my 96 for about 2 months now and found out about this re-call a month ago.I called my local Ford dealer and he said that there was a recall on it and ask me when I wanted it changed.He said normally they dont do it unless it is bad but if I called and complained about it they would do it for free.Sorry to hear about all of your horror stories.I think if there is a re call on something it shoould be done sooner then later at their expense,its not your fault that they messed up on the intake so why should you have to worry about it,right?I should pratice what I preach,mine is going in soon.
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
726 Posts
Yes, the intakes on the v8 models is a of cheap plastic design. It is not a matter of if it will crack, but WHEN. Kinda like the older 3.8's headgaskets. Not if, but when.
Call your local ford dealer about it, but most only change it when it fails, not before. And you never know when it could fail.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Nitro said:

Thanks tccoa.....And by the way..the chip from Dennis works great..sooo much more power it blew the manifold!!! :)

Nitro

97 Sport 4.6
Don't state something that is totally untrue. Many people have blown their manifolds when totally stock.

The previous owner was in good with his dealer. the day after the recall was issued, my t-bird got the new manifold!

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Tbirdluvaffair said:
Does the recall apply to the 95 4.6?
No, us 94-95s don't have a plastic manifold, we just have leaky valve seals. Joy joy.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
yea, that "replacement" isnt all that cracked up either. my motor ended up getting 3 different intakes, original, replacement 1, and replacement for the replacement.

·
Registered
191 Posts
still sort of confused....

....I still have the original intake on mine; but have done some mods to the engine (all of jerry's stuff) and was wondering if the dealer will try to say i did it because of my mods. You know the deal with dealers trying to tell you your warrenty /recall is void. Anyone had this problem.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
hmmm, i think sir william got his fixed even with his nos installed, double check with him, email him or pm him and ask to make sure. but they should do it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts