TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was BEAT! IT was pearl white and I saw it was a 5 speed... but there were dents and dings everywhere. On the passenger side door, it was slammed into something because the corner was bent way in. Wheels weren't clean, the license plate bracket was falling off, and the hood was covered in bird siht and rock dings. I was excited to see it and told my gf... "That's a rare car" only to find that it was abused and not taken care of. Poor car. :(

Just thought I'd share.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I can relate to that...
There's a girl who's a commuter at my school (UMass Dartmouth) who has a car identical to the one you're describing. Always very dirty, with some cosmetic blemishes and is a DAILY DRIVER. At first when I saw it I thought "cool a chick with a supercoupe" but once I figured out it's a 94/95 5 speed I wanted to break in and steal it. Such a disappointment, it really is. Oh well :(

·
Registered
168 Posts
Too many people don't appreciate what they have. :(

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
I know a guy who got his hands on a 95 SC 5 speed. I don't remember exactly how he got it, but he got it pretty cheap cuz it had been wrecked. Passenger side was messed up and the transmission needed some attention. Anyway, he got it and is slowly putting it back together to the way it should be.

My dad's 94 SC 5 spd is the same way - we bought it wrecked. The previous owner didn't appreciate what he had, and didn't take care of it at all. The interior was filthy when we got it. But it's like the 95 above, it's slowly getting put back together.

-Andy "Melon"

·
Registered
946 Posts
How well do these cars hold value? I know they are rare and have a cult following among MN12 enthusiasts, but does it hold the same for others? I have seen a couple here for sale and they didn't seem like they were marked up as a "collector's item" like a turbo Buick or something would.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Give it a few more years and hopefully some attention. People will eventually realize what they got and the value will go up. The more people talk to me about my car the more they are appreciating them. Maybe in a few more years the value will start to go up as the SC become more and more rare.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Not to be a killjoy.. but it's a 10 year old car probably with a lot of miles on it.. we all know it's rare because we follow the car.. but to most it's just an old car.. and to the general public.. it will probably remain that way... why do you think so many people get killer deals on supercoupes?..

We all love our MN12's for various reasons (mine is the first car I bought by myself and owned outright), but even with the supercharger.. it's a big, RELATIVLEY slow (in stock form) car that is expensive to fix..

I say let them be.. cause when the car pukes.. it will give someone a great project car for cheap..

but hey.. at least it's not a Mustang..

my two cents..

·
Registered
927 Posts
Thumper91 said:
Not to be a killjoy.. but it's a 10 year old car probably with a lot of miles on it.. we all know it's rare because we follow the car.. but to most it's just an old car.. and to the general public.. it will probably remain that way... why do you think so many people get killer deals on supercoupes?..
Don't forget, with enough time, they will start to increase in value. And, knowing how rare the 94-95 SC's are, I would bet the value will go really high. But, I'm talking 5-10 years here, not 2-3. If I had the money, I'd buy an SC for the investment value.

If the AMC Pacer can increase in value and become a collector, almost ANY car can.:D

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Yeah, 5-10 at least. Look at the cars we consider collectors now. Example: some people would die for a 65 ish red 6cyl Mustang conv. When that car was new no body thought that one day it would be expensive as hell and impossible to find. They were just another car on the road. Only the enthusist kept the cars. That was just an example. There are many cars like that. We know how rare the SC's truely are and we will be the ones to say "told you so" to all the people who got rid of these great soon to be collector car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts