TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In OKC, it was a blue ford ranger single cab with a flat bed and a dually rear axle. I had to laugh a little. What good is the extra weight capacity if you can't legally use it? I think it was a 4 cyl too.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
why doesnt that surprize me from someone in oklahoma, seen some pretty weird cars and trucks come from out there

·
Banned
1,064 Posts
I saw one at Walmart a few days ago. Of course the guy had it all riced out, including the "Bad *** Boys have Bad *** toys." With a ford logo in that....barf.

--Craig

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
No more surprising than the Campers I've seen built on toyota Pickup chassis. I think they have a V-6 in them. I've seen the "one ton" Rangers before, there's company that puts them out (or used to be). they are legal, but what are you hauling that a ton of it will fit in the back of a Ranger? Lead?

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
There's 2 Toyota dually clown-sized pickups around here. I'd like to see a "Ranga" with the same treatment.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GreenBird said:
can't legally use it?
Unless you can get it re-certified, your weight limit is on your door jamb. A flat bed often weighs 1000 lbs more than a stock bed. That alone is near the payload limit of the year ranger I saw. If you have an accident, and you're overweight, it's pretty much your fault even if it wasn't.

In theory, it could be legal when recertified, but the brakes are made to stop a 3800lb truck with about 1000lb max in it. Try loading a ton on the back and see how safe it is.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Deus003 said:
"Bad *** Boys have Bad *** toys." With a ford logo in that....barf.

--Craig
i had that logo made, but with the "Ghey *** boys drive Ghey *** toys" with the Honda H emblem in the middle. it was stolen from me when they got into my car, i didnt even get a chance to put that vinly sticker on yet, drove from the mall where i got it to the b-ball park where it got ripped off. pissed me off, and the guy who designed it quit, and nobody else could find the file, nor had the balls to create a new one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I stopped and talked to a guy once that had a dually '95 ExCab Ranger. It was actually pretty nicely done, he swapped a 5.0 in, had a D35 front axle and a Ford 10.25 rear axle. Both axles were geared with 4.10s and the rear had an ARB locker. I'm not sure if he had shortened the rear axle or not, but the whole truck looked pretty nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts