3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,806 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Wow, that 79 is really different. But, since he filled in the little window in the "B" pillar, I thought is was a Fairmont at first.

·
8,239 Posts
mn12xr7 said:
Good post, that first one is a steal for someone. Florida car, amazing.

The second one is a dream for me. Freggin dream.

The 96 cougar sport is what i wanted for a long time, but that one looks like some kid owned it, or someone from the ghetto owned it (wheel center caps were stolen, lol)

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
I rode in that 79 in Carlisle a few years back. It really is amazing. Talk about fast! The car is just too cool for words. I hadn't even thought about it since then. Nice memories.

·
Registered
246 Posts
That '79 is SWEEEEET!

Hmmmm, speaking of memories.....I had a '79 Cougar.....it was a total POS.
Primer gray. Vise grip for a gear shifter. Filthy leather- took me about 9 hours to clean it up.
I traded it to a guy for a 1981 Accord that was ready to die and went through brake pads once a month.
3 weeks later the Accord was on blocks and I figured I got the better deal.
A couple weeks later the Cougar burst into flames while I was driving down the street......guess we were even then! :)

Is Someone here gonna buy those cars?
The first 2 would be great collectables.

·
The Parts Guy
7,269 Posts
Sheesh, it was tough enough to swap the 94-97 interior into a 89-93 MN12, I wonder what that guy went through to install it in a 79.

Looks like one nice car.

-Rod

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
He had to make the passenger side of the dash about 7" to 8" narrower. He did a REALLY good job of it. You can kinda tell in one of the pics, but it's hard to see. The drivers "cockpit" is just as it is in our cars, but the passenger gets short changed a bit. Not too bad, just not as comfortable as it would normally be.

It's hard to believe that as big as those things were, our cars have more room inside in both directions.

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
Sir William said:
It's hard to believe that as big as those things were, our cars have more room inside in both directions.

Not to mention the trunkspace, looks like he changed it quite a bit, but our cars still have more trunk space. Only reason it's so big is because the engine compartment is huge... the hood must be like 6 feet long =P

1 - 11 of 11 Posts